5th Scoob. Back in a Type R! Needs TLC

mfnick

Glad you sussed it eventually and I'd have never known the answer, as I've never worked on a dccd impreza .

At least you'll hopefully soon start to enjoy it soonΒ Β πŸ˜‰

And don't let it put you off ,working on it.

I've had some proppa "flick a match at it moments " but I've always learned something once I've sussed it , so there's always something positive to take from it 😊

You've checked and tested a bit of the electrical system and we've all learned about the difference in hawk n blob neutral switches πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

Great to hear you got it fixed and feel your pain when it comes to trouble shooting stuff yourself so the one thing I / we on the forum can offer is thanks.... for sharing it may well be your experience will help others in the future πŸ‘

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea hopefully it’ll help out people in future.

I finally got the switch changed today at SSS, the engine light has gone and hasn’t returned!!! Woohoo!!

To be honest not sure what to do now. I really need some cash (I bought it at the wrong time really, I’m struggling financially, stupid decision) so may need to sell it and with having these issues straight away I’m already a bit !Removed! off with it.

If I can’t sell for a decent amount though I will just have to try and get on top of it and save up for the other bits.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I’ve hit even more money problems meaning I really can’t afford to keep hold of this and get it all sorted :( proper gutted.

I’ve put it up for sale in the forum and many other places. Knowing it needs a bit of TLC but bearing in mind the engine work and 6 speed DCCD, do you guys reckon Β£9000 is fair or still too much? I’ve advertised it elsewhere at Β£10000 knowing I’m going to have to drop the price but I know if I put it at Β£9000 on those places I’ll just get pricks offering Β£6-7000 for it. Should hopefully remove some time wasters elsewhere.

Gutted for you nick 😏

I'd love a white type r , something about a white classic that really floats my goat 😎

Think seeing as shoddy type r's are fetching Β£9k someone is gonna be very happy with yours , especially already having a dccd 6 speed and stronger engine .

Best of luck with getting back on your feet financially and with the sale ,budΒ 

• Like 1

Good to hear Savage, thanks.

You need to get rid of these money gremlins mate [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I know mate. It’s getting me pretty down to be honest. I’ll get on top of it someday though I’m sure.

Having gone through similar and had to part with cars / bikes before I completely empathise - hopefully you will be stable again sooner rather than later and as Savage mentioned 9k asking for your motor is well worth it