New member here but not a happy one 😓

On 6/27/2020 at 3:57 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Just asked him and apparently due to having different laws in Scotland, he didn't have much luck getting a refund .

He doesn't like confronting people , so tbh I don't know how hard he tried (if at all) . His car on a whole wasn't badly finished and it was just the engine that was badly built .

So he fronted the money for a local mechanic to sort it and then sold it on shortly afterwards 😏

Hopefully you'll have better luck only advice he did give ,was for you to post it on their f.b page and try to get them to respond publically .

Actually after doing some research we have the same laws in England as we do in Scotland. In fact it is UK LAW that is in operation .  I too have had a message back talking of “Scottish law” and having to come to Scottish courts with a Scottish solicitor but this is untrue in a small claims court.

i imagine your friend was intimidated and warned off further action as I was. Including “don’t take the car to another garage “ was directed at me ..

Such bad and unprofessional practice from someone known within a car community. 

im not letting this go ..... I worked hard for my money and I’m not going to have it stolen off me .

He lost over £20k , as he asked them build the car from a clean type r ,2.1 ,6 speed ,550hp+ ect ....

Mismatched cams ,low compression and a turbo that hit boost at 6k ment it was laggy and fubared the day he got it from them 🤬

I've heard a few horror stories of so called " reputable tuners" or companies, that have churned out sub standard work and just simply turned their backs on paying customers. 

All the best with the case and hopefully you'll get reimbursed for the car and inconvenience it's caused 👍

1 minute ago, savage bulldogs said:

He lost over £20k , as he asked them build the car from a clean type r ,2.1 ,6 speed ,550hp+ ect ....

Mismatched cams ,low compression and a turbo that hit boost at 6k ment it was laggy and fubared the day he got it from them 🤬

I've heard a few horror stories of so called " reputable tuners" or companies, that have churned out sub standard work and just simply turned their backs on paying customers. 

All the best with the case and hopefully you'll get reimbursed for the car and inconvenience it's caused 👍

I think more people should speak out about these types of incidents. 
there’s a hint of What’s potentially wrong but not enough. He’s coming across as a crook which is not a good look in anyone’s eyes. The car I got is not as described and is almost unroadworthy. Worst of the worst in terms of used car sales and used his “reputation” to get me to pay a deposit and gain trust 

needs to be exposed and I’ll fight this until I have a result and I’ll let you know. Quite a few more details have popped up in my favour ... I’ll keep you all posted 

Glad you're going to fight it , I'm a man of principles and would do the same . I hate it when people get stung by sub standard work , it's probably part of the reason I like to build my own engines. 

It does sound like my mate rolled over a bit but as I said , he doesn't like confrontation.   

I've run my own business for over 20yrs and understand that sometimes things outta your control go wrong but it's how you put it right and customer satisfaction,  that makes a reputation. 

Best of luck with it, fella 

Wow. Just read all this. You have got him surely if the engine turns out to not be what you were sold. You have the advert and spec if it does not match then any court should side with you. You would like to think anyway.

I wish you the best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:32 AM, Siluro said:

Wow. Just read all this. You have got him surely if the engine turns out to not be what you were sold. You have the advert and spec if it does not match then any court should side with you. You would like to think anyway.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks ... we will see ... he wants to go to court now and hasn’t sent me any correspondence at all. 
I only know this as I’ve text him and he text me back. 
Thing is he’s been selling a lot of cars . It would be good to know if anyone on here has bought from him recently ?

• Sad 1

On 7/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, Louis WRX said:

I think more people should speak out about these types of incidents. 
there’s a hint of What’s potentially wrong but not enough. He’s coming across as a crook which is not a good look in anyone’s eyes. The car I got is not as described and is almost unroadworthy. Worst of the worst in terms of used car sales and used his “reputation” to get me to pay a deposit and gain trust 

needs to be exposed and I’ll fight this until I have a result and I’ll let you know. Quite a few more details have popped up in my favour ... I’ll keep you all posted 

You tend to find they already have crap reputations and people only find out after they have problems and go looking for more info. The number of dodgy places and mappers i know would shock you. The info tends not to come out till they go under.

There is even one who people think are well up there in reputation, but its becuase they cover up problems and no one challenges them cos of who they are, one that even rang me with an  obviously attempt to shut me up when i let on they were just rebranding parts to sell them at a massive markup.

A friend of mine took the same one to court when they cocked up his engine build and they settled before it got to the court room as they didnt have a leg to stand on, part of the agreement was he couldn't speak out about it on forums and such so you dont hear about it, although i have to confess i'm not sure how that would hold up in court if he did and they sued him.

4 hours ago, Siluro said:

The problem is money is involved. Even the better ones with good reps you can find horror stories on if you dig hard enough.

yeah, although everyone makes mistakes, its how you act that counts in my eyes

2 hours ago, Tidgy said:

yeah, although everyone makes mistakes, its how you act that counts in my eyes

Yes it’s very important. But he’s acting like a private seller but has sold multiple vehicles so he’s trying to avoid the responsibility of the consumer rights act 2015 by doing so 

4 hours ago, Louis WRX said:

Yes it’s very important. But he’s acting like a private seller but has sold multiple vehicles so he’s trying to avoid the responsibility of the consumer rights act 2015 by doing so 

yeah he does seem to be taking the pee a bit.

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Sorry to hear this still hasn't been resolved but glad to hear your still fighting it and will hopefully get something back . Keep us posted with your progress and all the best getting the result you deserve 🤞

Ok so now he’s appealed and we go to court in January. 

its been quite a tiresome and stressful process and I’m quite happy there’s a hearing now so I’ll get some closure either way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all here’s an update. I think it is worth writing down for people to read, just in case they come across something similar.

So Andy Napier of u8 performance didn’t turn up to court for our hearing. Funny, as he appealed and paid for the hearing. 
In hindsight this was another delaying tactic and Andy never had the intention of dealing with this problem.

He sold me a dangerous and badly built car that didn’t last 500 miles and shirked his responsibilities as a car dealer by pretending to be a private seller.

My evidence must have been too conclusive for him to even turn up to court and he was probably advised not to show up. He would have had to explain too many things.

The court has awarded me judgement and I’ve instructed solicitors now to chase him for the money. He also has a CCJ or Scottish equivalent on his name.

Andy ran RA Motorsport which went into liquidation then opened U8 performance in Perth, Scotland. He also organises and event called SLS super lap Scotland’s which he competes in.
I’m sure I helped fund his Honda Civic build for this years competition. Or maybe his Fiat Uno turbo resto. Or perhaps one of his Evos ??

anyway ...

Thanks for all the support and responses on here it really helped.

L

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Glad you got some sort of outcome from it, but sucks you had to go that far.

Thanks mate - No money yet but the decision went in my favour in the courts so that says something. 

just so annoyed at him for his lack of professionalism and integrity 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Louis WRX said:

just so annoyed at him for his lack of professionalism and integrity 

Its great it went in your favour, unfortunately he is not the only one out there who resembles your statement, too many are happy to put out slapdash shoddy workmanship for top dollar.

But the fact that you are willing to record the events will help others in the future hopefully avoid being in the same position

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Its great it went in your favour, unfortunately he is not the only one out there who resembles your statement, too many are happy to put out slapdash shoddy workmanship for top dollar.

But the fact that you are willing to record the events will help others in the future hopefully avoid being in the same position

Exactly this  jay . I think it needed documenting !

1 hour ago, Jay762 said:

No one has any pride in their work these days, grab your money and go.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Siluro said:

Glad you won. Now the really hard bit. I won a case in tribunal, never managed to get the money though.

Wish you the best of luck

Yeah this is clearly the hard part. 
even though I’ve gone through 8 months of dealing with this I’m still lumbered with some scrap metal and some solicitor fees to come. 
he owns several cars so he has assets and he will be receiving a letter v soon to start proceedings