Engine out

Falcongary

No problem I think she’s running okay at the moment with the new intercooler and air filter I noticed at the weekend got a little Oil leak between gearbox and engine so Engine might have to come out🥴 hopefully just a simple fix 🤔

• Sad 1

Did you replace the crank seal when the engine was out ?

As I pushed the first crank seal I replaced in to far 🤐  and had a leak in the same area .

Otherwise there's the oil separator plate and a couple of hex bungs at the back of the block that can leak oil in that area 

The engine was rebuilt and done just under 1000 miles and the car was written off so I bought it in and put it straight in I Think it is the oil separate a plate it looks like a plastic thing behind the flywheel it’s not leaking that bad🥴 But I thought that was a job I wouldn’t have to do again 😤😤

Although all those bits are between flywheel and the back of the block , I was worried I'd contaminate the clutch with oil . So didn't run it again until it was sorted but It did sound worse than yours ..

Mine was fine till up to temp , then almost a constant stream of oil started leaking between box and engine 🙄

Needless to say,  I've only fitted a crank seal wrong once ,though 😉

I'm sure it will be something simple just a shame its engine or box out and remove clutch and flywheel , just to investigate 😏

It ain’t lost loads of Oil it just leaves a little spot everywhere I park. I am a carpenter not a mechanic but sort of know my way around cars. When the bottom end went before  I was ringing around to have it fixed people saying  £3000 plus I thought fu#k that lol I found this engine and thought I’d give it a go it’s  Only nuts and bolts lol it took me two days (A bit of YouTube helped 😂😂 The only thing I find hard is sourcing parts for it I’ve bought parts that don’t fit the car. When I get some space I’m going to try and rebuild my original engine but looking at piston comrods crankshafts bottom ends big ends it gets confusing what type and hopefully the right ones! Any info or knowledge on good parts I’d appreciate the help mate! 

• 1 month later...

I've snapped a few grey injectors trying to get them out , after 20 +years they're pretty snug 😏

Are you booked in at attowes yet , as although that map is for those injectors, it's for a 2.1 with different cams .

Cant remember what the boost was set at either , as the avcr was controlling boost and not the ECU .

The first two popped out easily the other two tops came off they were stuck in lol. I’m not booked in at attowes  yet got to work out a time when I can get over there still got to plug-in the apexi and the map sensor I think I know where the old one is. If it starts I be happy. I don’t use the car that much and only get to work on it weekends if I’m not working or doing some thing else like yesterday had to put a new sump and back brakes on the van finished that so put them injectors in. So hopefully next Saturday when I go to the car I fit the apexi hopefully it starts 🤞

• Like 2

Im sure it will run on either stock or the apexi ECU  but Now your injectors are nearly twice the size ,you'd definitely not want to use boost . I'd imagine the existing apexi f.c would be closer due to already being mapped for the nismos injector type /size latency 😉

You'll be fine to drive to the mappers off boost though , any questions just what's app me and I'll talk you through em , chap 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suspension all finished, car sits nice,  then things lead to 🤪removing brake pipes and replacing part of them and new hoses got to passenger-side rear to finish and then start bleeding them tomorrow 🤞🏼Nice to have free time to continue on with jobs! Put some pictures up tomorrow of progress👍🏼

• Like 1

Evening all, progress going well, all wrapped up and back together. Break lines all done🥴that was fun making them and re-routing them...NOT!! Not took her out for a test drive, got to ring and get her booked in to be remapped as couldn’t have it done before Christmas guy said he could book my car in January. Hopefully they can do it with the situation we are in with lockdown. Here’s a few pics! 

55D78BFD-AA2F-4D4E-86F5-20C87361FFC5.jpeg

08139214-807A-4C6C-A0DE-8759693434B9.jpeg

F77A1AD0-0AAD-4B68-A18E-8680A62494AC.jpeg

59221146-2E19-448A-8EA9-4E7EFEB6BAAB.jpeg

• Like 1

I used to use AFM a sub company at Ipswich accident repair , it's run by rick Kerry (ex touring car driver ) .

They'll normally do a decent job but a mate did it this time during his lunch break, as he works for a body shop. There might be somewhere closer to you that's got a good rep , think I've got my set up geo numbers and you could give them to someone closer ? 

I dare say with your set up you should see around 320 to 330 hp , once attowe has done his bit 😊

@savage bulldogsI’ve been looking about and found rallysport automotive don’t know if anyone has used them on here or know of anyone who has. going to give them ring Monday, after calling  attowes and see if they can book me in ASAP 🤞🏼Like what ya saying 320 /330 hp  I was hoping about 300 hp so anything around that I be happy (for now) 😜lol it’s easier having the car 5 minutes away from me now instead of an hour away in canvey island. I really appreciate your input mate really helped me out, give you a message tomorrow night let you know how the day went and see if I get booked in or not. Then hopefully we can all go out one day! 👍🏼

• 3 months later...

Hi all just got her out for the first time this year just fitted new radiator on and deleted Aircon Air gone all she needs doing now is getting her back to Clive attowe for the remapping I be letting ya all know what BHP  she is hopefully we are not on lockdown this time I might be able to go in🤞

63FA3E68-F91E-4B46-BB26-84A708C99906.jpeg

• Like 1