Engine out

Falcongary

• 3 weeks later...

Coming along nicely, bud 😎

What turbo and injectors does it have ?

I'm just across the boarder on the south Suffolk coast and always use Clive attowe tuning in Norwich .

if yours is a v2 the standard ECU isn't mapable , so you'd either need to get a esl daughter board fitted but attowe doesn't map esl due to it not being a licensed software.  Or a aftermarket stand alone ECU link ,apexi ect .

I'm currently running apexi f.c (which attowe does do) but will be looking to replace it with a link ECU due to my maf being maxed. 

Think both having a esl board fitted and a second hand apexi are probably about the cheapest options , at around £350 + mapping .

Although apexi is old tech , its tried n tested and has a hand controller to monitor parameters while driving. Unfortunately at 382hp I need to use a mafless set up, so I'll be going for a link g4 ECU soon  at just over £800 +mapping costs .

Bear in mind ,If you have a tdo4 or grey injectors,  you won't see much above 290hp no matter which ECU option you choose ,bud 😉

3 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Think both having a esl board fitted and a second hand apexi are probably about the cheapest options , at around £350 + mapping .

Although apexi is old tech , its tried n tested and has a hand controller to monitor parameters while driving. Unfortunately at 382hp I need to use a mafless set up, so I'll be going for a link g4 ECU soon  at just over £800 +mapping costs .

Bear in mind ,If you have a tdo4 or grey injectors,  you won't see much above 290hp no matter which ECU option you choose ,bud 😉

a decent condition working apexi is become very rare now adays, given the hassel of old electronics i'd just chuck a link in, or a syvecs if your feeling flush of course 😄

It depends on what car you've got , or if its had a complete replacement engine ?

It looks like a v2 wrx ?

If so it might already have a top entry tdo5 16g ,markings will be on the silver compressor housing. Then  Either grey (380cc) or yellow (465cc) phase 1 injectors .

Let me know what you've got , bud 

@Tidgy I've not had any issues with my apexi in the past decade , so didn't know they had any issues .my fully working one might be for sale soon too 😊

If money is no object ,then syvecs is definitely a good option but the top of the range link has more features than the current syvecs 😉

If it's a v2 wrx it should have a tdo5 16g (350hp capable) if it's a uk car it should have a tdo4 (290hp capable) . Numbers will be on the silver compressor housing (tdo5 or tdo4)

Grey injectors are good for about 290hp too , usual upgrade route is phase 2 yellow 440cc injectors (340hp capable) .

You'll need "phase adapters" to make them fit into your phase 1 rails (about £40) . You'll need to map asap after changing injectors though ,as it will be over fuelling a fair bit (just drive off boost to the mappers ).

As for my apexi f.c being up for sale ,  I bought some bigger injectors last night . So it's just the time it takes for me to wear the wife down to release the funds ..  believe me I'm working on it 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

If it's a v2 wrx it should have a tdo5 16g (350hp capable) if it's a uk car it should have a tdo4 (290hp capable) . Numbers will be on the silver compressor housing (tdo5 or tdo4)

Grey injectors are good for about 290hp too , usual upgrade route is phase 2 yellow 440cc injectors (340hp capable) .

You'll need "phase adapters" to make them fit into your phase 1 rails (about £40) . You'll need to map asap after changing injectors though ,as it will be over fuelling a fair bit (just drive off boost to the mappers ).

As for my apexi f.c being up for sale ,  I bought some bigger injectors last night . So it's just the time it takes for me to wear the wife down to release the funds ..  believe me I'm working on it 😊

Hi mate I tried to look Sunday but couldn’t see any writing on it. Going to remove some bit the weekend and have a good looks so hopefully let ya  know. has for the injectors I found these on eBay would they fit my car or if Your ones are up for grabs point me in the right direction for the phase adapters and we will go from there  👍🏼👍🏼Cheers mate 👍🏼👍🏼B0ACBC58-7413-4A31-8429-84818E5DD1D6.thumb.jpeg.94fba08a82fd02991d6f27661ddcf2f2.jpeg

On 9/12/2020 at 10:42 PM, savage bulldogs said:

It depends on what car you've got , or if its had a complete replacement engine ?

It looks like a v2 wrx ?

If so it might already have a top entry tdo5 16g ,markings will be on the silver compressor housing. Then  Either grey (380cc) or yellow (465cc) phase 1 injectors .

Let me know what you've got , bud 

@Tidgy I've not had any issues with my apexi in the past decade , so didn't know they had any issues .my fully working one might be for sale soon too 😊

If money is no object ,then syvecs is definitely a good option but the top of the range link has more features than the current syvecs 😉

no no, they are decent kit for what they do, its just a case of they havn't been made for many many years now and all electronics arn't the most reliable as they get older.

Link vs syvecs isnt as big a gap as you think, its a toss up i've been making for mine. What you don't find out till the time you have one fitted is you need certain extra things, for example to use the full features and get the best out of it you need a sensor pack is about £1000 for decent sensors and installation.

So for mine,

Link ecu £1400 (ish), was quoted around £3k fitted inc fuel flex etc

Syvecs S7L ecu £2100 (ish), was quoted around £3.5k fitted with fuel flex etc

So about £500 new (seemed to be less cost for the syvecs installation and mapping so could just be a bit company dependant as clinic is syvecs home base of course)

Fitting, mapping and sensor pack, fuel flex, cal switch etc is all gonna be the same across them. which all adds money on to the cost but would be the same for both.

The syvecs does have some additional features that the link doesn't, rolling launch controll, more inputs and oututs allowing more things to be connected.

You can pick up second hand syvecs now and again so an S6 would do the job and prob be around £1500.

But that said the link is more than enough for most setups.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about expensive ecus tbh @Tidgy 😊 didn't even know there was a s7 until talking to jay the other day 😂

It was just a few of the boys running big ponies had swapped over to link for a 8 injector set up and a few other extra features. Didn't really take it all in tbh ,as I couldn't afford one anyways. 

@Falcongary they look like v5/v6 phase 2 440cc injectors,  see if you can get the seller to confirm that though . I bought my "subaru side feed phase adapters" about 8 years ago from Carl Davey , don't think he sells them anymore. 

Asperformance might be worth a call if nothing comes up on eBay .

Unless they are v1/v2 rails ,they won't fit your v1/v2 inlet.  So youd just need the injectors and caps , might make the postage eaiser/cheaper 😉

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

I don't know anything about expensive ecus tbh @Tidgy 😊 didn't even know there was a s7 until talking to jay the other day 😂

It was just a few of the boys running big ponies had swapped over to link for a 8 injector set up and a few other extra features. Didn't really take it all in tbh ,as I couldn't afford one anyways. 

@Falcongary they look like v5/v6 phase 2 440cc injectors,  see if you can get the seller to confirm that though . I bought my "subaru side feed phase adapters" about 8 years ago from Carl Davey , don't think he sells them anymore. 

Asperformance might be worth a call if nothing comes up on ebay .

Unless they are v1/v2 rails ,they won't fit your v1/v2 inlet.  So youd just need the injectors and caps , might make the postage eaiser/cheaper 😉

hahaha, its a whole different ball game 😄

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Tidgy said:

hahaha, its a whole different ball game 😄

You're not wrong there tidgy £3k is more than my engine build ,fuel system and turbo cost , sod that lol .

My apexi f.c v1/V2 ECU and a few other bits will be up for sale (hopefully) within a couple of weeks..... as I bought a linkg4x on friday .

So if you're not in a hurry @Falcongary ?

Once the link and 740cc nismos are fitted and mapped,  I'll give you 1st refusal if you want bud 😉

I'd want £400 for the apexi f.c ECU, hand controller , map add on lead and v3 onwards map sensor .

It just plugs into the factory ecu harness and the 1.7 bar map sensor just plugs into the ECU with the add on lead (easily fitted)

So you'd then just need it mapped to your own spec 

12 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

I'd want £400 for the apexi f.c ECU, hand controller , map add on lead and v3 onwards map sensor .

It just plugs into the factory ecu harness and the 1.7 bar map sensor just plugs into the ECU with the add on lead (easily fitted)

So you'd then just need it mapped to your own spec 

Sold 👍🏼👍🏼 @savage bulldogs so couple of weeks that would work out fine you’re not far from me so we could meet up somewhere looking forward to getting it all set up 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1