Rollamite's 96 Impreza Sport Project

Rollamite

Hi all, new to this website and new to owning a subaru, a quick step up from my 1.0 corsa.

i have a 96 impreza sport and have found a 98STI with an OMP steering wheel i want, it comes with the boss attached, my question is, will the boss used to fit it to the 98 STI also be able to fit it to my 96 sport, given that they are the same gen and usually sell on eBay from years 93-99

Welcome 

I can't see why not, there pretty much the same car inside. And can't see them making them any different. Just make sure you wire the air bag up so the Dash light stays off 

And Doncaster short trip up the A16 A180 & the M180 from me lol

Have nothing planned at the minute. Fairly new club but growing very quickly. But as soon as we have a few more local members to us I.e Scunthorpe Grimsby Cleethorpes Lincoln these sorts of places will try sort a local meet up. But I guess Sheffield would be ideal for you also. Will get something sorted soon enough :)

And post some pictures up. I like pictures.. Just how I like my books :)

well ive been and collected it, going to fit it when my resistor turns up, however ive come across 2 nw problems, i bought a mesh subaru badged grill from an impreza turbo same colour and age as mine but unfortunately it wont fit between the headlights :/ and the car wont start either, it just clicks so i think the cold has killed the starter motor 

Try Bump start it might have just seized up, and it should free up.

Like Jay said sound's like Battery. Cold will kill off a weak Battery

And with the mesh did they have after market headlights. Or they could have had a facelift done on the car at some point I.e they swapped the wings bumpers lights and so on. But without seeing a picture be hard to tell

This is it, It has the bonnet from an L reg and the grill from the same L reg, they were red previously, but i cant get the original grill to fit as im sure this isnt the one that was meant to come with this model

scooby3b.jpg

I have had a look at a few car's only thing I can think off is who ever you bought it off there car must have had a change of lights and grill maybe. All the grills looks the same fit to me from about 93 to 97. Unless it was from an import car which might have a different fitting :(

it was a donor car and the other L reg that was at the building was getting the parts from this one, looks like im going to have to buy some more lights then as well, i will restore it to its former glory! 

Well in the interest of the masses, it shall become a project thread! feel free to rename it Mods :)

1st things first the car needed a clean, mud stuck in every orifice as you would expect from chavvy previous owners

scooby2h.jpg
scoobya.jpg
img00134201303161711.jpg
img00139201303161806.jpg
img00136201303161711.jpg
img00135201303161711.jpg

I thn noticed the rear bumper wasnt actually attached to the car! after driving it 120 miles home! So a few M8 bolts and some nuts and washers and its secure, however the arch holes have corroded so i will be drilling fresh ones and rounding off and treating any rust with Hammerite

img00148201303251610.jpg img00147201303251608.jpg img00150201303251615.jpg img00152201303251625.jpg

and finally for now, can you tell me how to get the bulbs out of the rear spoiler light, i didnt want to force anything as it felt quite fragile

img00151201303251623.jpg

Car is in for a service this week, MUCH NEEDED! as it rattles and whirs and stammers when idling, new spark plugs oil filter and oil change.

looking good!! - the light on my rear spoiler is held by two philips head screws at the back then just slid forward - needed a mirror to see them and a small 1' screwdriver to get to them