Rollamite's 96 Impreza Sport Project

Rollamite

Right well i recieved the bonnet and grill however he didnt send the big scopp and now i cant get hold of him which is unfortunate, regardless ive got the other two to spray and the grill is a bit tatty but i can make it work, would a facelift big scoop fit a prefacelift scoop hole?

I don't have the screws but I shall give you the link to it on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121165308032?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649, it has sold but the guy who has bought it states he accidentally hit bid, yet he bidded on it 8 times, so its going through eBay to get reinburshed. the bit where its ABS shows its genuine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

from then i have firmly tiger sealed the spoiler down, tidied the whole car up and sprayed the alloys matte black

ttps://imageshack.com/i/3u3fvkj]3fvk.jpg
93ku.jpg
y9ag.jpg
ht33.jpg
b61i.jpg
unbu.jpg
uzyv.jpg
p0rq.jpg

thats the final result, thrown in some seat belt covers, a service and some new coil packs, subaru dust caps and a clean, and that was my xmas present to my Mum for 2013 :)

you may have seen a guy posting earlier regarding someone who wanted to swap a seat FR for a turbo scooby, that was me, i shamefully own a spanish go go car but im looking to get back into a scooby, ideally a pick up from back in the day! i have found 2 really good condition standard UK turbo's and would appreciate any help, they are both wanting a little cash in exchange as well as my car but are looking rather clean

Haha I nearly said did he know you  :lol:

but your mate seem's like a top lad he put some time in for you asking questions :D

And it was nice to see this car change from what it was when you 1st started it and how near death it was. So what did you do with it in the end sell it on ?

And I'm sure we can all forgive the seat as you are looking at another Subaru ;)

And do you play forza 4 by any chance ? :D

Wotcha chum - so all you good work has been for a great cause, point your mum in our direction as Im sure she will want to understand the finer points of four wheel drifting :P

Keep your eyes out for the right car - you have already turned one example around sure you could sort another one without too much hassle ;)

No she was poking around in a crappy 1.2 clio and ive got 3 younger siblings, may aswell drop them off at school on something impressionable eh?

too right good on yer chum ;)

I'll get her to sign up, shes gone whole hog with the subaru fangirl thing, got the colin mcrae jacket and the sponsored fleeces the lot haha, its only a Sport model xD

Anyway guys i was trolling the internet at work because you know, got to kill time some how, and i came across this in carandclassic, ive decided that my next impreza has to be one of the limited editions, or an RA, preferably a 555 because im a massive mcrae fanboy but anyway here it is, bit of a shed but for a next project car what do you guys think?

V limited 280hp 96 impreza 0997/1000.. I'll say it now, probably needs hella work! Not like i haven turned a scooby round before ;D

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C466861

• Like 1

:lol: Not be long before she will want the turbo then :)

And car look's pretty good only thing that would worry me is how would you get it back to Donny from Cornwell or do you have access to a flat bed truck. Only reason that would be my only worry is I have seen what you did with the Non turbo car and the time and effort used to that I doubt this would be a problem, maybe the arches but I'm no good at that sort of thing so would need a bodyshop to sort that for me. :) 

And its rare be nice to see that being brought back to it's best 

I don't think you will have an issue with that motor, should be a nice result when done - agree with Gambit I can see your mum pushing to exchange the sport for your turbo project once that is completed :D