Rollamite's 96 Impreza Sport Project

Rollamite

Id do it myself but it needs an engine lift and i dont own a hoist, plus im not that clued in when it comes to bigger engine problems, im sort of teaching myself as i go so id be on google for about 3 weeks haha. I dont mind pouring money into a car that i know eventually will be awesome its just my work laid me off and my savings are slowly being eaten away :S

Put my baby Corsa up for sale today :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay so its been a while since i updated all this, got the sump sorted, lasted about a week and now shes !Removed! oil all over again, getting a cv joint done this weekend as i took her to gymkhana event at a local quarry and mashed it a bit...

anyway ive got the spoiler coming tomorrow, ive fitted a kenwood sound system installed, 17"STi WRX alloys from a bugeye in grey all sorted, i'll get some pics up

Hi mate welcome back. Sorry to hear about the sump :( And I'm in the same boat with mine my hub's chewing bearings up so got it booked in for Tomorrow for a new one, mines not from any Gymkhana event's :D

Like the sounds of the alloys get some pictures up mate. And we have another local guy in Sunny scunny now :) we're not totally out numbered :D

Aye its been a tight month money wise hence i haven't had time to get much done, started my new job so shes been my daily car, the good news is i got my windscreen done as well because the original was sealed in with some terrible silicon crap and had two foot long cracks in it, so she looks like an actual road going car now!

headunitm.jpg
stihr.jpg

Ive also found a K and N cone air filter off an old sport, would this be much of an advantage to a 2.0L sport other than looking abit pro :D

Might help with some more air so might get a few BH gains 2 maybe 3 :D but will help it sound more snorty if that's such a word :D

I would still want the STI spoiler myself. But the car is looking great mate, massive well done from what it started off from so far. And as I have said before. we all have to hold back on things we want or need to do when it comes to money so you're not on your own :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree it lets old people that's hard of hearing know that if they don't hurry off the road, there is a good chance that the appointments made for the blue rinse and a cup of tea with Ethel in the afternoon might not be happening :)

As with the Batteries I would look at the head unit 1st if it's started to happen since that's been fitted :( see if its still sapping the juice.

haha yeah i like a car with grunt, keeps bad boy saxo drivers at bay. Okay will trn it off see if the Battery will charge for a while, I think the parking light may have been left on and slaughtered it :( 

as my car is yet again !Removed! oil (sweating power) i may be looking to swap out the engine if its going to result in it running better as mine is on its last legs, any recommendations on what engine to dump in incase that needs doing? obviously not a turbo i understand that is ruthlessly complicated, ECU loom etc etc

Okay so run past me my options because as a man, more power is always appreciated, im not looking for the over complicated turbo swap, but is it a fairly easy swap for the EJ2.5 and the closed deck EJ20? also, forgive my naivity ive only done things like this to corsas, what would my engine code be for a 2.0L sport 16V?

With regards the Battery issue, if you can get to halfrauds they offer a free check, the Battery with engine off should be close to 12v with the alternator charging it then it will be around 14v a low volts no engine will be duff Battery, low or high volts when running is the alternator shot

The closed deck EJ20 will be exactly the same as what you have currently installed its just how the block is made which differs.

EJ25 is the same layout but you will have some more sensor points on the engine but the majority of them would be surplus to requirement as you are running a different ecu

are you planning swapping the engine from a n/a to a turbo in the green one picture on page 3?

the reason i ask is, that's an 8v not a 16v, in which case it's most likely a loom swap in the whole front of the car, behind dash and all that lot, i could be wrong but i would imagine as the 8v engine is very different to a 16v then you wouldn't have the right wires to just plug and play with an ecu, i would definatley look into it further with a company that will know more

I once seen a rally Scooby with something like this on, not this one before someone tell me lol and I don't know how it was done but sounded nice and different.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/71510-ideas-on-swaping-a-weber-carb-on-ea82%C2%B4s/

was nice and quick and no turbo. bet the turbo is a easier and cheaper fix though ;) .

• Like 2