Rollamite's 96 Impreza Sport Project

Rollamite

Quick update, the car went in for a service today and need the following;

Front wheel bearings

CV boot

Rear wheel brake cylinder

Inner silk weld

and a free recommendation not to drive it because the rear wheel bearing was about to collapse, along with

Oil change

oil filter

new spark plugs

and the usual service provisions;

Total cost

£720.00

But i got him to fit my OMP steering wheel for free so swings and roundabouts :D

Quick update, the car went in for a service today and need the following;

Front wheel bearings

CV boot

Rear wheel brake cylinder

Inner silk weld

and a free recommendation not to drive it because the rear wheel bearing was about to collapse, along with

Oil change

oil filter

new spark plugs

and the usual service provisions;

Total cost

£720.00

But i got him to fit my OMP steering wheel for free so swings and roundabouts :D

Oh your going to fit in just great ;)

I had a problem with my bearing once and was told not to drive it though I did everyday and even drove it to get it fixed. I looked at it as an extreme sports ;)

But on the Brightside atleast its just bearings and not Hubs. And great work with the post so far.

Knew a chap years ago had a bearing collapse on him when he got to Newbury, he continued on to Portsmouth.

The bearing welded itself to the hub and we could not get the remains off - in the end he had to replace the hub as well as the bearing :unsure:

Okay so we're all aware my Impreza has a low spolier, so it looks like a boring old sedan, would a taller spoiler from another 90's sport just fit right on in place of the boring one? I assume a universal fitment so save production costs but i thought id check first however

Going to go and 'carefully' remove some bits from this !Removed! if it will fit

http://vehicles.motorhog.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/vehicle-details/1999/subaru/impreza/sport-awd/petrol/saloon/green/manual/21513/

I think it should just swap over fine I know some places sell the bootlid with the spoiler. I only swapped one once and that was on a 55plate WRX spoiler to an STI spoiler and had no problems.

Car is back home! Got my spoiler brake light working as well, literally no idea how it just sprang to life, but as promised, pics of steering wheel

omp1.jpg
ompb.jpg

I also ordered some hawk eye 05 plate bucket seats that came today, mint condition so will be fitting them soon

Have to say the wheel looks good. It's one thing I have never changed on my cars but does look nice.

And some real seat's to go with that wheel be looking like a real Subaru before long :D

Looks loads better nice job. And if your passing here wand ever want to get rid of one of your new Subaru chairs I'm in need of a new Computer chair :)

I do like your idea of the chairs though

Not much to report thus far, fitted my new head unit and have sprung an oil leak, not sure where from but its dripping from below the engine block down onto my under side guard :/ 

Will be paint stripping my god awfully sprayed alloys tomorrow.

And would their be any advantage to a cold air induction kit on a Sport or will drilling and desrestricting the airbox be just as good?

headunitm.jpg
stchris.jpg

my 2p

Dont think the standard air box is restrictive in itself - the filter which you can replace with a high flow panel item and the connecting pipe to the manifold can be exchanged for a bigger item will both increase flow.

the cold air induction option will give the direct feed of air into your system with a nice bit of trunking so I would go for that as drilling the airbox will be bringing warmer air from within the engine bay

Well i'll try and get a good deal done but its rinsing me at the moment, put it on the road last week and, well lets say ive probably contributed a fair share to global warming lol

thumbs up or down on this

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/230581618453?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

feel free to link any bits, looking to find a few lost horses!

Taking alloys back to gold and getting a taller spoiler soon fingers crossed!

With the intake like jay said I don't think you will get any more gains from it over the standard one, but price of a good filter to the kit your looking at not much in it. Should help make it sound a bit more snorty with the Induction kit, I can't say much I have one on mine :)

And like the idea of the bigger spoiler :)

My sump has rotted, brilliant, £500  on top of the £180 for the seats and £720 for the service and repairs, shes bleeding me dry! I have my old seats out and are ready for being made into recliners though ;D unfortunately this has set my previous plans back a week and a half -.-

that's the problem with jap cars they don't leak oil had the same issue on my 200sx

however would this one for £35 quid not do the job?

http://www.subaru-impreza-parts.co.uk/products/subaru-impreza-parts/subaru-impreza-engines-for-sale/ej20-sump.html

give it a once over to get any corrosion off and high temp hammerite it