Insurance rage

ROSSCOSM

So ive sold my subaru now and thought id like to keep my no claims bonus so wanted to transfer my insurance onto a family members car til I get something. Well since the car is already insured adrian flux wont insure me which is annoying. Then it gets worse I have to pay the full price of my subarus insurance to keep ncb but they took the driving other cars away. So yes its as it sounds Im paying them essential for sod all. Just printing money for them such a scam honestly feel like finding adrian and smashing his teeth out if only it was a person 🤣😂

• Like 1

Having two sets of insurance on one car is illegal and the problem you have with it is if there is an accident the insurance machine struggles to know which policy to make a claim against - Its not that intelligent, more like a very basic software loop that gets stuck very easily.

My own experience with Flux was not great from the outset so after an initial 12 months with them I wont ever be returning. The issue is they are in a quite a unique position very similar but not quite the same as the TV tax - You have to pay it every month or year by law with actually no guarantees of a service or product at the end of it.

You have up to two years before you lose your NCB - Something that is not widely shared but that is at risk of "Computer says no" so I wouldn't chance it more than a few months

Best solution is what Tidgy suggested, get yourself a motor - many on Gumtree etc for 200-400 and sorn it. The motor will not depreciate any more so you would get your money back or part ex it in with a dealer for your next motor 

• Like 2

I fell into the pit fall of the 2 years, lost 10 years ncb, took the Impreza off the road but added myself to my wife’s and father in laws insurance as a named driver, came to insure the fossy and got stung 🤬 Adrian flux are leaches too, they will suck anything out of you. Personally Iv used Admiral for myself and diamond for the wife which is essentially the same company for around 6 years and had no issues. Plus the only mods they charged extra for were the exhaust and alloys, they didn’t charge nothing for stuffing an sti engine and box in the car 🤔🤣

• Like 1

Yeah great point with buying a shanter might just do that. I see that point jay about the fraud it makes some sense the bit thats annoying is me insuring it is classed as fraud but they can make up a reg and still charge me and somehow thats not fraud 🤔😂 no matter just another bump in the road ill get past it no sweating 💪

After my AFlux experience I spent some time on the phone with different companies that would cover the modifications. A lot of people rave about Keith Micheals, I was really not impressed the call was largely about me answering questions on the rival insurance competition not my motor or policy requirements. In the end they came in with a quote that was £4 under A Flux. A much more appropriate call was with SKY, spent 85% of time discussing the car and policy requirements then they came back with a quote that was £100 less than Flux and Micheals for equivalent cover.

As a consequence I now have x3 policies with them, all mods declared and covered under the terms and conditions   

• Like 1

I used flux for about 7 years and always found Dan very helpful but when some numpty hit my scooby a few years back flux overall were shocking. 

Only then did I find out  I didn't have agreed value , although the car was heavily modified with all mods declared . Although I was paying close to £700 per year with limited mileage and over 10 years ncb. 

Then they sent a assessor to value the car , who said it was a lovely rare example with some expensive mods.

But 2hrs later the body shop got a call saying it will be wrote off (as they valued it at only £2.5k ) and they were sending a truck to take it away .

My gearbox would cost over £1.5k , let alone , the forged engine, aftermarket ecu ,brembos ect ...

Luckily enough the body shop refused to let flux "steal" my car and called me straight away instead .

After a few calls directly to the actual insurers and a apologies from both of them , the car was repaired and not categorised (minor damage) .

Currently insured with RH classic insurance, agreed value , all mods listed ,recovery ,£2k worth of spares and fully comp for under £500 .

Which I think is pretty good for a 26 year old sti ,400hp + and £9k value 

Unfortunately you only really find out how good a insurance company is ,until you try to make a claim .

@ROSSCOSM could you not just let the last years ncb go and keep the previous years that you'd built up ? 

Then insure something in the new year ,instead 

• Like 1

Thats shocking eh savage bet they would have broke it for parts on the side aswell, yeah letting the year go is an option aswell, gonna put it a side til xmas is done with since ive already paid this month anyway then ill get right in about it. Great advice appreciate the input you lot 👍

• Like 1