Where to get new front brake pads from?

GGMan

On 9/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, GGMan said:

Are you getting them done for free, since they are not the correct ones?

Yes,all sorted along with the mouse attacked gaitor and a 13 months MOT (thought I'd have it done early whilst it was in the garage).

Going to miss the car when it goes,but Subaru have missed a trick not offering a more powerful version like the 2.5 they offer in the states or a turbo charged XT version.

@kash0613, as has been said before the low sales volume of all the Subaru cars put together in the UK just does not justify more variations. I did recently get a letter telling me they had appointed another dealer near me, that would help if I every go back to a Subaru car, currently very happy with the RAV4 PHEV.

Enjoy your new motor.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 6:42 AM, ernieb said:

@kash0613, as has been said before the low sales volume of all the Subaru cars put together in the UK just does not justify more variations. I did recently get a letter telling me they had appointed another dealer near me, that would help if I every go back to a Subaru car, currently very happy with the RAV4 PHEV.

Enjoy your new motor.

If it ever arrives......

Two unconfirmed build slots for it have been cancelled and I have no idea when it will be made.

The Xv has 13 months of mot,new tyres and brakes and is running beautifully.

Seriously thinking of just keeping it and cancelling the cupra especially with winter approaching where the Subaru excels.

Its still a great car after all.

@kash0613, It's such a pain buying a car right now.  The joy is sucked out of the experience almost from day 1 of placing the order. It appears that some manufactures are better than others and on the Toyota Owners Forum (RAV4) they are reporting an upgraded HEV version, better equipped and a lower price and some are getting very quick build slots. They have mitigated the chip issue better than others due to policy of forward buying.

I can appreciate how you feel, it's difficult but you might well be in a similar position in 12 months time who knows what's ahead of use? But as you've said you have a car that works and are happy with so maybe sitting tight is the best option. Let us know what you decide I'd be really interested to know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ernieb said:

@kash0613, It's such a pain buying a car right now.  The joy is sucked out of the experience almost from day 1 of placing the order. It appears that some manufactures are better than others and on the Toyota Owners Forum (RAV4) they are reporting an upgraded HEV version, better equipped and a lower price and some are getting very quick build slots. They have mitigated the chip issue better than others due to policy of forward buying.

I can appreciate how you feel, it's difficult but you might well be in a similar position in 12 months time who knows what's ahead of use? But as you've said you have a car that works and are happy with so maybe sitting tight is the best option. Let us know what you decide I'd be really interested to know.

I may have a look at the RAV4, especially as you are so impressed with yours.

I'll keep.you updated

2 hours ago, kash0613 said:

I may have a look at the RAV4, especially as you are so impressed with yours.

I'll keep.you updated

Best advice don’t look book a test drive, it’s a different experience driving an hybrid car. Reading specs and the like is one thing but it’s a different feeling to drive, try to get at least a couple of hours if you can. My dealer was very good and just gave me the keys and told me when the garage closed.

Keep us posted on what you decide as you’ve said the XV is good for the next 13 months but it might be worth testing out something different. Good luck whatever you decide.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, ernieb said:

Best advice don’t look book a test drive, it’s a different experience driving an hybrid car. Reading specs and the like is one thing but it’s a different feeling to drive, try to get at least a couple of hours if you can. My dealer was very good and just gave me the keys and told me when the garage closed.

Keep us posted on what you decide as you’ve said the XV is good for the next 13 months but it might be worth testing out something different. Good luck whatever you decide.

Well,I cancelled the formentor I had ordered as I still had no build slot in sight.

I replaced it with......a cupra formentor 245 phev that was in stock!

Collecting it in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kash0613 said:

Well,I cancelled the formentor I had ordered as I still had no build slot in sight.

I replaced it with......a cupra formentor 245 phev that was in stock!

Collecting it in a couple of weeks.

I'm pleased for you.  Buying a car is probably the second most expensive thing for many of us and the fun is easily drained away when things go wrong or you get mucked around.  Post a few pics before you move on... Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:20 AM, ernieb said:

I'm pleased for you.  Buying a car is probably the second most expensive thing for many of us and the fun is easily drained away when things go wrong or you get mucked around.  Post a few pics before you move on... Cheers

The cupra formentor vz1 245 phev arrived on Friday and the XV departed the same day back to the dealer who sold it to me.

Lovely car,very comfy and with a touch more zip than the XV!

E32BA7FE-F3FC-42DF-BCE4-AE87D33CEF52.jpeg

79D41680-90FF-4A95-B6D8-0B4A532C9B3F.jpeg

21 hours ago, kash0613 said:

The cupra formentor vz1 245 phev arrived on Friday and the XV departed the same day back to the dealer who sold it to me.

Lovely car,very comfy and with a touch more zip than the XV!

E32BA7FE-F3FC-42DF-BCE4-AE87D33CEF52.jpeg

79D41680-90FF-4A95-B6D8-0B4A532C9B3F.jpeg

That looks great thanks for the update.....enjoy!

• Like 1