What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yeah loads of people hate cheap chinky stuff and rightly so, I'd never take a punt on a cheap turbo or laptop but I bought my depo as a cheap option until I'd saved enough to buy a toucan /syvecs (cheap gauge is better than no gauge)

3yrs ,12k miles ,2 engines and 1.5 bar later it still works ok and I've spent the defi money a few times over .

I found advance automotive very helpful when asking tech support questions about the £500+ pistons I'd bought off them but unfortunately most tuning companies haven't got the time to just be helpful and have got the "buy expensive buy once" mindset which doesn't suit me as my pockets ain't that deep

• Like 1

The dreaded DVLA reminder has arrived  :angry:

Yep got mine yesterday :( I wouldn't mind needs a !Removed! gearbox first. I did strike her up yesterday how I miss that nur spec sound :D 

Why oh why do I have silly ideas... post-3889-143361251799_thumb.jpg

That's a scary thing for someone who's not in any way a mechanic... Intercooler about to come out [emoji33]

post-3889-143361261775_thumb.jpg

Well she came out with no problems... Replaced a couple of vacuum pipes ...

Now the !Removed! hard part... How does it go back

Oh and managed to stick a new panel filter in too

Prepare yourself for a bit of wrestling If you've not got silicone hoses.

Get the larger collar on then wiggle turbo hose on a bit, I found a breaker bar or long screwdriver between the cooler pipe and throttle body and just ease in on to the turbo outlet helped

They are a bit fiddly just make sure the jubilee clip is nice and loose on the turbo outlet to y pipe and that you get the under side on first so you can see it's on properly.

Sometimes holding the tmic almost vertical, getting the y pipe on and then twisting it into position works too .

You could try loosening the tmic to block bracket bolts but only if you can get to them once the tmic is back on .

I'm sure you'll suss it bud don't panic

post-3889-143361380135_thumb.jpgpost-3889-143361381362_thumb.jpg

Got it, got them all done up tight too found the trick is to undo the y pipe end of the hose as then they all fit together when you pull it onto the throttle housing ... Just need an 8mm socket and an extension bar to nip it all up!! [emoji41]

Just need to refit the recirc valve and button up a few bolt and bits

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are a bit fiddly just make sure the jubilee clip is nice and loose on the turbo outlet to y pipe and that you get the under side on first so you can see it's on properly.

Sometimes holding the tmic almost vertical, getting the y pipe on and then twisting it into position works too .

You could try loosening the tmic to block bracket bolts but only if you can get to them once the tmic is back on .

I'm sure you'll suss it bud don't panic

Thanks savage & stants all tips are a big help ... I'm a complete novice

Well that was almost fun ... post-3889-143361810505_thumb.jpg just starting...

post-3889-143361813644_thumb.jpg

Panicking halfway thru...

post-3889-143361816532_thumb.jpgpost-3889-143361818153_thumb.jpg

The fight to put humpty back together again

post-3889-143361821825_thumb.jpg

She's aliiiive [emoji4]

Never be afraid to try something new even if you fail perseverance and patience will get you the rest of the way

• Like 1

Is it just a case of opening the ecu and solder it in or a reflasj ? Always interested in tuning options from other parts of the world ?

What kind of gains are you expecting/hoping for ?[emoji3]