What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

My dad downsized from a 2L td mondeo, torquey and nice and comfy to drive to a 1.6 focus, just seems a bit gutless and I'm not a fan at all. The misses likes it and wants one when she's finally passed her test

I got the medium 200g bar did find it a little difficult to "nead" but i am a newbie and I left it in the sun for a bit which seemed to make it more pliable .

Bought some 40% carnauba boat wax of a local forum it smells like marzipan and gives a lasting shine but there's not much left :-(

Anybody recommend a good wax for silver cars ?

A bit off topic but can anyone point me in the direction of some brighter headlight bulbs ?

the hid kit was playing up so I've had to fit standard bulbs in the headlights .

My LED sidelights now make my headlights look like fooking candles

Sums it up in 2 mate, and rear visibility is terrible out of the tiny rear window. Getting good mpg though. He's not driven mine but everytime we go somewhere he's always saying if he needed a big car agian he'd seriously consider a foz or legacy for comfort and power [emoji2]

Haha, you need h4 bulbs ? Got a pair of ring super brilliance 120% etc... for 20 notes from local auto factors. Great improvement.

I've just finished a bar of the regular clay and was considering the medium stuff as in the cooler weather it's a right workout for your hands

I got the medium 200g bar did find it a little difficult to "nead" but i am a newbie and I left it in the sun for a bit which seemed to make it more pliable .

Bought some 40% carnauba boat wax of a local forum it smells like marzipan and gives a lasting shine but there's not much left :-(

Anybody recommend a good wax for silver cars

I use Maguiar's (like a few people), my car is pearl White which is similar to silver in terms of waxing.

If I clay the car I seal with a heavy carnauba wax (Maguiar's again) then I use their ultimate wax (it's about £26 from Halfords)

This gives a shine and beading for 2-3 months, virtually just needs a rinse off to clean it.

But this is just my way, others will have theirs no doubt

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I used dodo juice light fantastic on my silver forester when I had it....you can get a 30ml pot for £6 that'll do the car 2 or 3 times if you want to try it before buying a big tub

Thanks for that fellas I normally use auto glym super resin polish and then the boat wax but know a few of you like to keep a sparkling scoob so thought I'd ask you all ;-)

I use that autoglym polish as part of my six monthly full-on clean routine [emoji106]

Discovered that something the size of an eagle or condor has been kind enough to put two saucer sized !Removed! on my roof [emoji35] considering the cars parked inside nearly all the time I'm amazed it's managed to hit me in transit with such accuracy. Off to car wash tomorrow. Hope underseal is dry enough

Discovered that something the size of an eagle or condor has been kind enough to put two saucer sized !Removed! on my roof [emoji35] considering the cars parked inside nearly all the time I'm amazed it's managed to hit me in transit with such accuracy. Off to car wash tomorrow. Hope underseal is dry enough

Bird once shat on mine.......finished with her straight away!!

Had mine washed inside and out. Booked it in for a service. Ordered some quality oil from Opie oils, and ordered a small under seat sub to hopefully improve the music quality in the car. 

Also went for a drive and fuelled up. Still loving it!

You won`t shake off that feeling you know, its the only vehicle that puts that permanent idiotic grin on your face.

took my off side front wheel off in my 30 min lunch break to check the brakes.

when arriving in the morning at my work place there was a rubber burning smell coming from my off side front wheel. i could feel the heat from a distance  :o

when checking i found that the rubber boots from the calliper pins were melted  :wacko:

so i guess that the calliper is sticking as also lots of black dust on the wheel. another job to do this weekend  :huh:

took my off side front wheel off in my 30 min lunch break to check the brakes.

when arriving in the morning at my work place there was a rubber burning smell coming from my off side front wheel. i could feel the heat from a distance  :o

when checking i found that the rubber boots from the calliper pins were melted  :wacko:

so i guess that the calliper is sticking as also lots of black dust on the wheel. another job to do this weekend  :huh:

certainly sounds like it :(