What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yeah i'd go back sounds like they couldn't be arsed all it will need is some heat and gentle persuasion,

I would go back with that, easy for them to sort :). Should have done it right in the first place really

Yeah I thought that, but when I looked up 4 wheel alignment, (which is what they claim offered) I realised that all they were checking was the "toe" alignment with the standard lasers. Not a full toe, camber and caster alignment.  So i've booked it in (these guys) to get the job done properly.

• Like 1

Good doings there mate, if I were you I'd only take money for the alignment otherwise you'll end up walking out with half the shop [emoji16]

That place looks like a play ground *drool*

haha yeah, tempted to go for the nitro tyre inflation.

on another note, i've been given a 100quid gift card as a christmas pressie from a PC company for moderating their forums. Any ideas what to blow it on? :)

haha yeah, tempted to go for the nitro tyre inflation.

on another note, i've been given a 100quid gift card as a christmas pressie from a PC company for moderating their forums. Any ideas what to blow it on? :)

A garden ornament? :lol:

• Like 1

Went to pick up an engine crane this morning from the next village (bargain at £40!!!) and it was quite icy this morning. Very impressed with the way the outback handled the ice on the road (it's never seen a grittier down it ever lol). Think I'd have had to turn the traction control off to get it slipping properly lol. Very planted. Be interesting to see how it copes with snow lol.

Also my rear reversing camera number plate holder thing has turned up. Hopefully get to wire it up tomorrow. It should plug into the back of my new head unit so will be handy lol. Who needs a range rover :-)

Cheers

Alan

Managed to delete my own thread about top hose [emoji35]

Still took it off and had a look at the offending leaky area clean everything up and re seated the hose used socket to nip it up and no more leaks [emoji3]

Tomorrow brings round 2 of droplink fitting and re apply waxoil to some areas I missed the other week

Managed to delete my own thread about top hose [emoji35]

Still took it off and had a look at the offending leaky area clean everything up and re seated the hose used socket to nip it up and no more leaks [emoji3]

Tomorrow brings round 2 of droplink fitting and re apply waxoil to some areas I missed the other week

I'll have a look see if I can recover it.

Went hunting an Audi s4 and got it. [emoji48]

Good work! Can't wait to hunt cars again :)

Got the bill for the Subaru this weekend..

post-2084-0-34948200-1417959704_thumb.jp

3 seperate bills, als the supplied parts are some rear suspension at £85 and Subaru gaskets at £35. Nice big chunk of money!

Problem is, the Subaru overboosts or doesn't boost until after 4k rpm. Can't figure out why :(

If it's the same turbo it could be a gasket leaking or the aftermarket upipe bore size difference .

As if they're to big it can make the turbo spool later due to a drop in exhaust gas pressure .

Might be able to lessen the lag once mapped in to allow for the freeer flowing de catted upipe

Went to Leeds christmas shopping on Saturday, !Removed! me it was cold....

Went to York christmas shopping today, !Removed! it was cold....

I've got a full blown cold now... ok will call it man flu..

I did see a few Subaru's though and even the missus has started noticing and pointing them out to me now!

• Like 2

If it's the same turbo it could be a gasket leaking or the aftermarket upipe bore size difference .

As if they're to big it can make the turbo spool later due to a drop in exhaust gas pressure .

Might be able to lessen the lag once mapped in to allow for the freeer flowing de catted upipe

Can it also cause it to overboost when it finally kicks in? Hits 1.1 bar then settles down to 0.9 bar after a couple of seconds. Once boost is established it will hit 0.9 bar no problem, doesn't go over.

It is the same turbo but they bored out the wastegate and fitted a better unpellar because the last wall was damaged. The up pipe is de cat.

Went to Leeds christmas shopping on Saturday, !Removed! me it was cold....

Went to York christmas shopping today, !Removed! it was cold....

I've got a full blown cold now... ok will call it man flu..

I did see a few Subaru's though and even the missus has started noticing and pointing them out to me now!

I agree... it's very cold!!!

Can't say from personal experience as I've never used boost unless my car has been mapped for it's current set up.

Apart from during mapping sessions then they'll normally turn the boost down to get the fuelling right, before feeding the boost back in then it normally comes in a bit sooner with a bigger punch [emoji12]

I don't know much about matching upipe sizes to headers and turbo inlets tbh , so can't tell you the right bore size upipe. I do know gas flow and pressure have a fairly big affect on spool / power

my classic with Toyosports headers and bigger bore upipe made 307 hp 260 flb mapped

Switched to gruppe headers with smaller bore 3 bolt upipe

347hp 330flb

Same car , no other mods , same mapper and same dyno it also hit 1bar @ 700 rpm sooner.

Had to take the trailer across the field today to sort some branches and stuff out. To say it was a tad boggy was an understatement! You could tell it was on road tyres though as they filled up almost instantly but it plowed through regardless. It looks like a right farm vehicle at the minute so am going to have to get the jet wash on it ASAP.

Still it has done the job it was bought for so am well happy at the minute. Never got to fit my reverse camera though :-(

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

Good news! Had a slight downpipe leak sorted, whacked a gasket in. Just been on a spirited drive and it boosts nicely! Swear it's quicker than before. Glad to be back on the road at full performance :). Considering a remap though to make sure it's running in sync.

It's cold here but no sign of snow, right on the coast though so probably wont get any :(. There is snow in the hills though, might venture out tomorrow night and test out the awd system :P

Put a load of crap out of the garage into my car after finding a mouse best in the garage. Basically threw anything that could have a mouse in it. Unfortunately also found 3 dead baby mice. Humanly rehomed the adult nice we caught

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Taken car out for test drive after fitting aforementioned droplinks, headed out onto dual carriageway only for some tit in brand new one series bm come up right behind me then pull into fast lane and sit level with me for about half a mile, must have got bored of me not wanting to race him did a u turn at the next brake in the barriers and drove off like a bell end,

Good news is theres no knocking now from the font

• Like 1