What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

No Probs Dave. Unfortunately I think it's just a case of more elbow grease needed ;)

Speaking of which, to help lower the amount of elbow grease needed when washing & polishing I got a pressure washer and Orbital polisher for Christmas :D looking forward to when the weather lets me use them.

That's fine mate; spent the last 20 years doing it the hard way [emoji6]

You'll love the washer, and a DA polisher is on my lengthy wish list....which did you get? You'll have to let me know if you think it makes a difference [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

today ive mostly been....

stripping down calipers that were supposed to be               ' yes just bolt them on mate '   there fine...... really!  

a club local member just wanted me to replace the dust shields on a budget he was..  until i saw the condition of what he was planning on fitting.

so i had to say  (if i was you i'd not want to risk them)

post-1114-0-46467600-1420660601_thumb.jppost-1114-0-66629300-1420660629_thumb.jppost-1114-0-58132500-1420660545_thumb.jppost-1114-0-96327600-1420660573_thumb.jppost-1114-0-47145400-1420660491_thumb.jppost-1114-0-27962100-1420660517_thumb.jp  

so after he had seen the light i ended up doing his rears they were a tad better apart from a tight nipple.....

.post-1114-0-42476000-1420660800_thumb.jp.and we all know that feeling.  

finally all stripped down just gonna polish them internally and clean the threads etc and get them off for a powder-coating  in dark blue. 

AND

tomorrow its NEC......... anyone else going?

see me there @comp brake stand

post-1114-0-74739100-1420660883_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yes, I can whip them off and send them or take them locally.

well i charge £150 exchange + postage that's about £13 insured next day delivery

what you get for the recondition .

new seals

bleed nipples

pistons

when i get them i 

inspect ,re-tap all the threads, wash, polish the internals where the piston sits.

blast , powder coat  & lacquer which usually takes a week  to cure. 

then re seal usual turn round time 2 weeks

ive got 3 sets in at the moment to strip down  and one in red that's got st/st pistons , banjo bolts & casing bolts but they cost a bit more than the std calipers.

• Like 1

When I was getting my car sorted for remap there was an Evo in with Kawasaki green callipers and engine bay parts. It looked awesome. I'll try and find a pic.

That's fine mate; spent the last 20 years doing it the hard way [emoji6]

You'll love the washer, and a DA polisher is on my lengthy wish list....which did you get? You'll have to let me know if you think it makes a difference [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a Streetwize (Urgh at the name!). It's a cheapo one since it's 240v not Battery. But I've tested it out on a little but of trim I had spare and seems to work really well :). It's mega fast, just have to make sure not to press on at all and let it "glide". I'll give you some proper feedback when I've given it a proper go no prob.

Those are some lovely calipers, I would have mine done but I use my car as a daily :(. Not sure what colour I would choose either... depends what would look best.

Sat in my car this morning and the seat made a knock noise... !Removed! thing is broken(ish)! God dammit

Just do what I did I got Cusco to sort me a set out the good chap he is ;) paid for them he posted them to me and then once I've fitted them I post back my old ones and get £40 back.. Which should be today if they have arrived ;)