What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

And the fact is was mapped for jap fuel so was chucking half of it straight down the exhaust. Surely you n/a boys would get a bit more torque across the range and not need to flex the foot as much thus increasing mpg and less pain on the wallet ?

Failing that buy a pair slippers [emoji16]

And the fact is was mapped for jap fuel so was chucking half of it straight down the exhaust. Surely you n/a boys would get a bit more torque across the range and not need to flex the foot as much thus increasing mpg and less pain on the wallet ?

I had a word with a local mapper near to where I live and he told me I would get more horses but probably less mpg. "Unless it`s a turbo diesel  you won`t get better economy" 

I may give him a ring and get him to give mine a good tune-up, see if that helps.

Lol I'd like to run you on the strip.....see who needs the slippers then [emoji14]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fair do's , I knew it wasn't running right and it's already paying me back by saving money on fuel, bit dissapointed on the bhp figure but the gain in torque and way it delivers it's power is well worth the outlay. Man maths and all that.

I reckon I'm ok for at least 20k on the clutch so I may go down the strip at santana pod this year David[emoji16]

Today I have mainly been swearing at the intercooler. Didn't realise they were so difficult to get off (for a first timer). I cleaned the knock sensor and re-sat it to see if that gets rid of my code. Give it another two weeks to see if it comes back. [emoji53]

It's the stupid plastic turbo to cooler pipe tahts the pain. I've found if you get the throttle body collar on and the turbo hose aligned, put a large screwdriver or breaker bar on the 90° bend and gently lever it on whilst putting it into final position

32psi all round,find it works well with the pilot sport boots,checked fluids as i do weekly anyway,coolant is always spot on,oil spot on,topped up washer bottle.................about 100ml :lol: Gear box spot on.......

Checked boost gauge pipes are all ok as fresh from other week.

Quick clean of dash inside

Took  a pic or 3 for you all...........this is how clean it is all the time,bit of ocd i guess

Car%20007_zpsvccrp1mu.jpg

Car%20006_zpsbssuhzhk.jpg

(no not washed outside today)

Car20003_zpsqbff4c3u.jpg

Weekly checks done

MPG wise,worst from a tank is 24,usually around 27mpg using 99ron nitro.

• Like 2

So slightly off topic, but I was sat inside my legacy cleaning the dash n what not. Then this little baby blue micra parks up next to me, So I glanced to the right and had a nosey. There was a tasty blonde sat in the drivers seat. She looked in her early twenties with curled blonde hair. She got out of the car and ran to a neighbours house and back again, then drove off. **** she was hot. A woman that looked like her gran was in the passengers seat, think she caught me checking her grand daughter out lol.... 

:D

Well had another phone call with my dealer, they think that I got lucky and under charged for my wife's service last time and that it should have been £400, it also turns out that the dealers I went to charge. . . Wait for it. . . £90 +vat per hour. I spoke to a dealer more local and they only charge £55 inc Vat which means the service would be over £100 less. Looks like I'm changing my dealer to the local one.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fitted a boost gauge over the last 2 days. I know 2 days! Finally managed to get the vac hose through the bulk head then it wasn't long enough, wired it up using a fuse tap, who knew you needed 2 fuses in it lol. Got if working eventually!

Just a cheap one off the bay. I always buy cheap then wish I hadn't then buy expensive later ;-) Didn't want to screw into the dash or A pillar so plumped for using the useless space under the heater controls.

post-3219-0-16665900-1426354040_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Just a cheap one off the bay. I always buy cheap then wish I hadn't then buy expensive later ;-) Didn't want to screw into the dash or A pillar so plumped for using the useless space under the heater controls.

You got a link to those bits please, I like the look of that I fancy being able to keep en eye on what's going on but don't want to drill into the dash.

--

I make Films and Website for people

Sorry the pods been removed this is the same one:- 281103550827 I paid £12.95 for mine cus I wanted one from uk not China, this one however is £4.99 and is in uk. That's pee'd me off lol.

I ordered an oil filler cap from china on 18th of Jan, still not arrived so even refunded yesterday. Hence paying a bit more but from uk.

You can't quite see the numbers round the top of the gauge from my driving position but you can just about see the 10psi and work out where the needle is reaching.

Mines getting to about 12, not sure wether that means I'm overboosting on standards wrx-s map after my mid pipe and Cosworth panel. I thought standard boost should be about 9?

Yer that's why I want one just to see what's going on with boost. I think I read standard is 1 bar but i don't know a lot about boost but the ecu will lower boost depending on what's going on.

--

I make Films and Website for people