What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

post-2084-0-86880700-1426358915_thumb.jp

Engine cradles, top is mine and you can see the bracket in top left is bent. No surprise really looking at how weak it is compared to the sti cradle that's underneath. Well chuffed!

Went Subaru parts shopping, got most of the stuff I need. Fitted new engine cradle and got steering rack back on, tomorrow fit sub frame and new cv joint then take it out on the road to check everything is straight. Its promising because wishbone bolts went straight in :). Oh and got some Prodrive speedline alloys 18" ;).

• Like 2

Thanks guys :). Waiting until next week until I send it to the body shop because the guy at the breakers said he's got a blue bug coming in so I can grab the wing and rear bumper which would be awesome! Will they tell the body shop guy to go crazy and mint the car :)

• Like 1

post-2084-0-00015600-1426436455_thumb.jp

That's it, car is straight and new cv joint is on :). The sti engine cradle looks great and the subframe has been cleaned and sealed. Warmed the car up, drove it down the track and all steering is spot on so very happy. Gave it a good revving to get rid of the moisture built up in the exhaust... That was fun ;). Now just the body work to do.

• Like 2

Filled her up with v-power today....be interested to see if mpg any better than I've been getting with tesco momentum when I come to fill up next

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Is it not a bolt on?

No the downpipe needs to be made a bit longer and have a pre-weld repair done again as they missed a bit who ever had done it before. I'm going full 3" turbo back. the one on my car is 3" downpipe to 2.5" dropped the downpipe in a pptunnings today he's going to get it patched up ready for when I take the car in on the 31st :( gutted I have to wait I want things yesterday :D 

No the downpipe needs to be made a bit longer and have a pre-weld repair done again as they missed a bit who ever had done it before. I'm going full 3" turbo back. the one on my car is 3" downpipe to 2.5" dropped the downpipe in a pptunnings today he's going to get it patched up ready for when I take the car in on the 31st :( gutted I have to wait I want things yesterday :D

That's going to be cool when done but yer I hate waiting thinking I will got cat back 2.5 on mine as haven't seen a 3 bolt on for a good price yet but always time. :-D

--

I make Films and Website for people

What system are you going for? I've got the 3inch downpipe (and the next pipe along) then it goes to 2.5inch. If I get the rest 3inch will I need a map to go with it?

Drove it as i always do in the week to work and  back,around 9.5m each way of over 8m of motorway. Nice distance to get warm and condensation out of the zaust. Unfortunately a 50mph limit on the m60 does bring extra congestion which = extra frustration(how office workers or 9-5 workers do this day in,day out is beyond me).

Looked at my double din JCV pondering what to get to replace it with that has gps and does not have xtrons in the name........

School run was done in an auto 1.4 clio :huh: just for a change :lol:  its good not to change gear sometimes :P

What system are you going for? I've got the 3inch downpipe (and the next pipe along) then it goes to 2.5inch. If I get the rest 3inch will I need a map to go with it?

Blitz Nur Spec

https://youtu.be/jBTJUAEhe3g?t=40s

And no shouldn't need a remap ecu should be able to make small adjustments if it need's too but because you have 3" down pipe to 2.5 I'd be fine. But if worried can always ask a mapper. But just keep in mind they will happily tell you it does well some will just to take some hard earned cash from you :D We did have Simon on here :( before he past away who would have told you straight may he rest in peace. :( Duncan Graham has popped on to say hello so not sure if he might be able to help :D

Spent £1200 on the Subaru so far this week! Bought a spoiler, not gone wrc but part carbon sti . Also bought a couple of other carbon goodies to match. Pay day next week in time for the body work... I'm aiming to have this car looking better than it did before

• Like 1

Spent £1200 on the Subaru so far this week! Bought a spoiler, not gone wrc but part carbon sti . Also bought a couple of other carbon goodies to match. Pay day next week in time for the body work... I'm aiming to have this car looking better than it did before

Cool post some photos when you get it I am deciding between carbon or none for my wrx :-D

--

I make Films and Website for people

• Like 1