What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

OK, so this didn't all happen today, but the works have concluded today, so i have time to tell you what has been done to my "New" SG4 Forester over the last few days.

Firstly I have fitted a double din Stereo and sat nav unit, as I always get hopelessly lost.

post-4236-0-87182200-1432067989_thumb.jp

Then off with the old springs and on with a set of Pedders "Lowering springs" I say lowering as we descovered that the front had a snapped spring on one side and the rear SLS had failed on one side, so the car only sits very slightly lower than before. However ride comfort and control have been greatly increased.

Before

post-4236-0-78152200-1432068118_thumb.jp

During

post-4236-0-66218600-1432068136_thumb.jp

After

post-4236-0-81094900-1432068154_thumb.jp

And Finaly, today these arrived from Saj/Jas at Jap Performance Parts so I can take the winter Studded tyres off!

post-4236-0-26032200-1432068222_thumb.jp

Fitted

post-4236-0-40471200-1432068243_thumb.jp

A busy couple of days, but has certainly got me hooked again and looking forward to some more changes!

• Like 3

OK, so this didn't all happen today, but the works have concluded today, so i have time to tell you what has been done to my "New" SG4 Forester over the last few days.

Firstly I have fitted a double din stereo and sat nav unit, as I always get hopelessly lost.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_213132.jpg

Then off with the old springs and on with a set of Pedders "Lowering springs" I say lowering as we descovered that the front had a snapped spring on one side and the rear SLS had failed on one side, so the car only sits very slightly lower than before. However ride comfort and control have been greatly increased.

Before

attachicon.gifIMG-20150419-WA0016.jpeg

During

attachicon.gifIMG_20150518_213247.jpg

After

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_181829.jpg

And Finaly, today these arrived from Saj/Jas at Jap Performance Parts so I can take the winter Studded tyres off!

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_140740.jpg

Fitted

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_190027.jpg

A busy couple of days, but has certainly got me hooked again and looking forward to some more changes!

Looking much better I do like the Fozzy when lowered a bit. Think the black alloys always help make them look a bit more stealth like too. And even lower. Job well done mate :)

• Like 1

I could tell you but then id have to kill you,,,,,,, hahaha

Nah gone 2.1 closed deck, just having to pay more for the block :(

Nice if you're going to do it might as well be properly :D 

Firstly I have fitted a double din stereo and sat nav unit, as I always get hopelessly lost.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_213132.jpg

Before

attachicon.gifIMG-20150419-WA0016.jpeg

During

attachicon.gifIMG_20150518_213247.jpg

After

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_181829.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_140740.jpg

Fitted

attachicon.gifIMG_20150519_190027.jpg

Did you have to fit spacers with those alloys?

Did you have to fit spacers with those alloys?

No Spacers installed, the offset on the original wheels was +45 the offset on these alloys was +55, so a 10mm movement inwards, I had a good check and everything seems to clear on full lock both directions, I might get a 5mm spacer just to be sure, but dont want to mess up the wheel bearings or cause undue stress anywhere.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/subaru-oem-wheels-fit-forester-19106/

The link above seems to show some +55s working without issues.

Going to get everything aligned tomorrow to make sure I've not made a total pig out of it :D

Do these really exist?

RARE SUBARU IMPREZA WRX AUTOMATIC 4X4 * LOW MILES * FRESH JAPAN IMPORT

Spotted on gumtree today [emoji54]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

It's a 2004 blob in red....also on the bay....why am I so poor! [emoji35] lol I need multiple scoobs in my life [emoji14]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

You can only buy to import when they are ten years or older due to some law regarding parallel imports devaluing the domestic market, personal imports ie if you live there and bring it back are ok at any age, the speedo has to be converted to mph, my eunos had the conversion done but not to the odometer so that read in kms and the speedo read in mph, new dials put in too, not sure how it worked must have been mechanical device on speed sensor, The foz has had the conversion done but they have just put a bit of leccy tape over the K on the kph on the speedo. The odometer reads 200 k but it was converted but not adjusted if that makes sense

• Like 1

I've noticed that the scoob has felt a bit "wallowy" when turning right especially since I've refitted the refurb'd rotas and just assumed it was the cheaper rear tyres not gripping as well as the new front firestones.

Gave it some beans over the wknd while going down a right hand bend slip lane and the passenger side rear tyre seemed to loose traction far earlier in the rev range accompanied by a knocking

Ordered my new rear shocks and group n top mounts yesterday morning and they arrived today , gotta love importcarparts for oe stuff [emoji106]

Apparently sti make their mounts with the same rubber as bulldog toys .

post-1399-143231468652_thumb.jpg

As liz wouldn't leave em alone so I've gotta keep a eye on her when I fitt them tomorrow [emoji5]

• Like 1