What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Put the Battery on charge put some air in the tyres went to strike her up nothing wouldn't turn over :( after a bit of !Removed! scratching I realised I hadn't connect the loom  :lol: So connected that turned her over Nur Spec fired up and the garage came alive :D So already for 7.00am tomorrow to be picked up and taken for the gearbox to be fitted just hope badly that is what it is now, seed of doubt it being the front diff lol  :unsure:

Put the battery on charge put some air in the tyres went to strike her up nothing wouldn't turn over :( after a bit of !Removed! scratching I realised I hadn't connect the loom :lol: So connected that turned her over Nur Spec fired up and the garage came alive :D So already for 7.00am tomorrow to be picked up and taken for the gearbox to be fitted just hope badly that is what it is now, seed of doubt it being the front diff lol :unsure:

Good luck mate we are all hoping it's an easy fix for you.

--

I make Films and Website for people

Finally got the car running well after the coolant leaks and massive vacuum leak caused by some split brittle pipes under the intake manifold... To then look underneath and find a big patch of oil. Guessing it's the rear crankshaft seal, which we replaced. Looks like the engine's coming back out!

May as well pop a new clutch in while we're there this time.

• Like 1

Sounds like you probably pushed the crank seal in to far Sam ....

As i did the same thing when I fitted mine they're supposed to flush with the start of the chamfer around the recess the crank seal sits in ,although it doesn't say that in the engine manual [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Car's been taken away with gearbox thinking it's more the diff now. he was stood in front of the car said he could see the wheels moving like they was separated :( but oh well gearbox needed doing bit stronger too so bonus   :D

Just wondering if anyone knows if the hatchback bonnets are different on the wrx and sti? I know changing the scoop is a common mod on the older wrx's I have been offered a few parts from a crashed STI but its to far to go have a look. 

Might have a slight different contour but I haven't noticed a difference

Yer I can not see to much of a difference in photos but its hard to tell unless they are next to each other. I know the STI has a larger intercooler so wasn't sure if it had a larger scoop or anything.

I'd doubt if they're any different. 95% od stuff just swaps over it's the mechanical side that was different really. 

Yer will just get my hands on the spoiler then :-D was going to get the turbo as well but its got over 98k on it and he will not guarantee if its working so will pass on that for now.

If it's cheap enough Alex why not buy it and get it reconditioned?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Its not that cheap but will see what it would cost to get it reconditioned and do some math.

Sounds like you probably pushed the crank seal in to far Sam ....

As i did the same thing when I fitted mine they're supposed to flush with the start of the chamfer around the recess the crank seal sits in ,although it doesn't say that in the engine manual [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Got it in 1! Live and learn I suppose. A bit of a pain to have to take the whole engine out again though!