What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Took mine to Martin and Dave at Sheff Subaru Servies to confirm the blowing exhaust was just me being paranoid - can just hear the turbo gasses since the cat in the down pipe is removed. Or something lol. Result!

Also finally found the reason for that odd rattling noise off throttle I've been hearing for ages. Back box is knackered - baffles have collapsed. Also explains why it feels down on power some days compared to others. Another result! Well, kind of. Very happy to finally find out the cause of the noise and why it sometimes feels sluggish. But gutted since I need to get the exhaust repaired - or more likely replaced. !Removed! cars!

New exhaust thread inbound....

I also got to watch Ash (well Martin actually ;) ) split the block and remove the conrods, pistons and crank. Was interesting :) . Had a right laugh too. Ended up spending all morning there even though they were only looking at my car for around 30-45 minutes just having a chat and laugh. Great set of lads.

• Like 1

Once all the pistons and bolts were out my block halves wouldn't come apart I was so tempted to prize them apart with some screwdrivers , but that could damage the machined faces and cause a major oil leak .I ended up bolting them back together and releasing the stuck end first .

are you going for a 0.5 mm over bore ash? or have you had the bores checked for wear and taper so you'll get away with just a hone

As for me today it's my anniversary and the mrs said she wanted a weekend away in a hotel in Yarmouth .

Wasn't looking forward to 1 and a half of off boost driving as it hasn't been mapped for the fmic and decat yet :-(

1hr 10 mins into the journey and I get carved up by a 330 beemer and a st focus having a race .

so I had to do the right thing on the next streach of carriage way and leave them both behind in a cloud of black (overfuelling) smoke :-D

2 bores are scuffed from the wrong pistons and so  think it will be and overbore on all 4 but dont quote me on that. tbh it was a gent tap and martin worked his way all around it split really easy in all honesty.

Party was awesome, hog roast was amazing!!! First one I've ever had haha. Everyone loved the car as well which was nice.

Just been out on my dads Harley, hell of a bike! Noisier than the Subaru and scarier at higher speeds ;)  think I prefer 4 wheels

I've always done off road bikes KX KTM YZ500 I came off the YZ500 and spent a night in the hospital with some nice injuries so they are fun :D Always wanted to get into the on road bikes but I grudge doing the tests now think I've left it too late lol 

You sure its hog roasts you're thinking of??

[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my first thought too......wrong roast for gambit lol

Quads are great fun, my cousin used to have one.

Noticed this morning it's been 5k miles since an oil change so I've ordered the oil and a filter ready :) . Probably get it done one night this week

Don't think rik mayall or ozzy osbourne like them either[emoji52]

Never had a problem myself as long as you don't hang your !Removed! off the back and boot it.

Only problem is all the wanna be gangsters round here ride them, unsilenced pipes never a good idea when trying to avoid the law

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Yeah thumb throttle is a bit weird at first but not too bad when you are used to it :) . I'm lucky, the only "Gangster" people round me drive slow **** cars. Best one is a VW Lupo that has been lowed!!

I change the cabin air filter. It well filthy dirty. And changed my number plate bulbs for some bright white LED ones. Also tried to find somewhere that sells single LEDs so I can change the blown one in my fog light button. post-2247-139869777407_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've drove mine loads these last few days, brum brum.

Oh got my new mesh grill, just not had chance to fit it yet.

I've been looking out for bargains, need to get some new discs and pads. As well as a new Y piece for my exhaust. Which leads me to the question, should i just replace the y piece? OR go for a whole new stainless steel exhaust?

Get to drive mine down my favourite road tomorrow. A51 Nantwich to Stone. I'll pop a vid from the car if I get a clear run. Last time I did it I was not hanging about and despite the weight and ride height of the XV it was surprisingly stable in the corners.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk