What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Ive been lookinh at legacy imports again. :(

I feel your pain....can't stop looking at wrx s4's [emoji16]

Nice that red one Tom [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

That red is certainly eye catching isn't it? Although the silver GT saloon on there is very nice too. When do you think you'll give in and buy one?

yeah mate, lovely. Needs some nicer alloys and a spoiler though :)

Unfortunately, i dont think i'll be upgrading anytime soon. I've got a holiday in Cyprus to pay off and a wedding to pay for, then buy a house n have kids... lol she's got it all planned out haha

• Like 1

Whilst we're on the subject of stuff that's currently unobtainable how does this tickle your fancy dave ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/forester/subaru-forester-sti-rare-facelift-360bhp-398ftlb/4438043 [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I think I'd be too scared to drive it anywhere- I'm terrible for curbing my alloys, have seagulls all around here that seem to target  my car and the local average driver age is about 94. It wouldn't stay that pristine for long

If I had 10k i'd be seriously tempted. One drive through your local village in that & people would be getting out the way ! Least they'd hear you coming

• Like 1

Thought I'd recognised it. It affectionately named "the hearse' owned by somone on UK foz sold last year but was wearing private plates and different wheels

This is true dave although by all accounts this is the 2nd time in a year it's up for sale, so maybe people don't get it or have accrued too many points, 360bhp &nearly 400ftlbs or torque gets you from a to b very quickly indeed

Car died on me sat in traffic on way home ?? Just watched the idle drop lower amd lower till it cut out, Started up again fine and got home with no more dramas.

Off to interrogate it when it's cooled &check Battery voltage loose pipes etc.

On another note looks like the clutch is on the way out, smells when giving it the beans and Is very jumpy in traffic [emoji35]

Car died on me sat in traffic on way home ?? Just watched the idle drop lower amd lower till it cut out, Started up again fine and got home with no more dramas.

Off to interrogate it when it's cooled &check battery voltage loose pipes etc.

On another note looks like the clutch is on the way out, smells when giving it the beans and Is very jumpy in traffic [emoji35]

Possible sensor on the way out?

Bad news on the clutch but if you get it done before 11th Oct...No excuses [emoji38]

Dunno mate, could just be playing up with the heat and what not, I'll have a proper look later on, yeah I'm away at end of Sept so need it doing before then as I can't be breaking down Hahah

Just a thought, could it be down to the clutch being so worn not releasing properly etc ?

Got home from work to find my stepdad had taken one of the heads off the old block. I was then shown the almost comical amount of movement in the old rod bearing, that made the piston lift a good 5mm out the top of the bore on no.3 cylinder.

I was then given the list of tools I needed to replace (as the head studs were pretty stuck in there) in order to get the other side off.

On the upside, by eye, they heads look pretty good. We've also got a flat bar we can do a preliminary check with, before I can get some more money together to get them off to be checked, skimmed, if necessary and cleaned.  

Thank god it's pay day tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Cel codes clear black plug check, plugged in to evoscan, voltage good, maf values look ok, no increased knock or Anything that looks out of place, only idle is a bit funny so maybe a loose hose, I'll investagate hoses later on,

Clive the fluid is filthy !