What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Rocker cover gasket has now been replaced! Was almost caught out by a half circle shaped bit of plastic that came out, thankfully had some threebond to secure it back in place then reattach the cover. Weather turned horrible so waiting until tomorrow to fit new spark plugs, fill it back up with oil and see if it still leaks!

New spark plugs installed... pat my shants when i restarted the car after filling it up with oil and it was running as rough as a badgers bottom... I had the coil packs the wrong way around on one side... whoops!

Oil leaked out from the rocker cover... !Removed! gutted. Then to realise it was leaking out from the bottom middle bolt, may have not fully tightened it. :frusty:

Seems all good now, still quite smoky but I'm putting that down to the heat wrap on the up pipe being fairly soaked oil. I've bought a downpipe with a sports cat off the bay so when i fit that, will put some fresh heat wrap on the up-pipe and give everything a good clean!

God my car felt fast after 2 weeks of Yaris power

• Like 2

Firday to sunday was spent driving into the middle of a field and back again so the car is covered in mud, inside and out, needs a full valet over the coming days

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of the field or car ?

Gone dark now so i'll try get one tomorrow ,luckily the half ton of mud in the wheel arches have fallen off feel sorry for martin as its service time next week 😂

Will be able to do a better job with wheels off. Anyway I need one to start swapping wheels once I've bought some winter rubber for my 2nd alloy set, rather than shelling out 60 notes every 6 months

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Phwoar!!! Bought time you got it dirty. How many did you have to pull out?

At quarter to one on sunday morning i wasn't doing anything for anyone. I had the foresight to park at the top of the slope [emoji23]

Oil, filter and piper cross panel filter. Just in time for darkness. First time doing anything apart from cleaning down. Good fun. Not happy with how slack the air box clips feel now I put that filter in, can't hear any problems and doesn't pull apart just not as tight anymore presuming diff thickness on filter edges. 

Spark plugs and brake cleanup next 

1 hour ago, Jamie_uk said:

Oil, filter and piper cross panel filter. Just in time for darkness. First time doing anything apart from cleaning down. Good fun. Not happy with how slack the air box clips feel now I put that filter in, can't hear any problems and doesn't pull apart just not as tight anymore presuming diff thickness on filter edges. 

Spark plugs and brake cleanup next 

did you make sure the other end of the air box slotted in correctly? There are grooves it slots into, then you use the clips. I've had the pipercross filter before and had no issues with it being loose