What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Never really liked the look of the bright silver fender emblem on my 2106 STi and as soon as I discovered another option was available, I ordered a pair from eBay. Initially, they sent me WRX ones in error (9_9) but the correct ones finally turned up this morning. Pretty straightforward swap requiring a hairdryer and some cleaning spirit.

The original:

20161110_082231_zpsjo6epzrt.jpg

The replacement:

20161110_082429_zps5gocuxga.jpg

First setp is to heat up the fited emblem with a hairdryer. This is to soften the double sided tape securing it to the fender. You can then gently prise the emblem off - starting at the edge closest to to door:

20161110_082732_zps5rjv8wv5.jpg

Next, thoroughly clean the mounting surface to ensure the new tape sticks securely. I used some spirit to remove and grease/residue etc. Peel off the tape backing on the replacement emblem:

20161110_083049_zpsop9gjbxn.jpg

And push firmly into place. There are two small tabs on teh emblem which line up with locating holes to ensure correct alignment.:

20161110_083118_zpseuyuwgir.jpg

20161110_083302_zps8vhdcter.jpg

As with most things, it's a question of personal taste. I think these black emblems totally change the look for the better and at around NZ$25 a pair (plus shipping) one of the cheaper 'mods' out there :D

Gary

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NGBZ said:

Thanjks guys. I was  in a state of shock yesterday as my wife actually noticed the change and thought it looked better than the original one!

you no its good if the mrs actually notices it.

Bugger it failed but only on a small hole that needs welding so it's not too bad. But on the upside the exhaust sounds amazing. I grinned like a demented Cheshire cat all the way home on the back roads. The neighbours are really going to hate me now lol. Now to get Xmas out of the way and start giving the suspension a little updating. 😆

Been to Sheffield had some new track rod ends a inner boot changed and some new brake lines fitted, flew through m.o.t advisory on tyres which I knew anyway, ordered, 4x tyres arriving weds morning alignment booked in for the afternoon

Swung by aucky's on way home and picked up a set of new nuts [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk