What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

They would fit but the !Removed! end would sag..but had a guy send me a picture of his forester with front wrx shocks and springs with wrx shock but with wagon springs at the back

And how did it sit?

Spent all day, loading up scoob with dismembered sofas and carpet rolls ready for new stuff. Currently sat in a carpet free living room on garden furniture. Not great but at least we still have a fridge and it's full of cider and lager [emoji2]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tough one part of me would say get it sprayed. 

Well another expensive day for me bought loads of new parts yesterday for the repairs, be round two today :( Lot's of new shine but none in the mods department makes for an unhappy Gambit :(

Come to car this morning and my headlights gone sweaty again. Haven't got the time to take half the front end off so round two commenced when I got to work, removed bulb and rubber bit stuffed full of moisture absorber.

May just leave it to breathe for a day or two with no bulb in ?

How long until you are back on the road Gambit?

I've had no Scooby time, worked 8:30am - 9pm yesterday and back in at 8:30am today because someone wanted some double sided banners for tomorrow. Don't like people who order at the last minute  :angry:

How long until you are back on the road Gambit?

I've had no Scooby time, worked 8:30am - 9pm yesterday and back in at 8:30am today because someone wanted some double sided banners for tomorrow. Don't like people who order at the last minute  :angry:

I'm still driving it mate just not far :( New disc brakes and pads all round came today calipers should be here Thursday need to get the hub ordered get some tyres ordered oh the list goes on :D  But on a plus note full beams work again changed the relay managed to find one and it worked :D so happy with that result :D

• Like 1

Update on the condensation battle. Seen on internets that I can evaporate the remaining water with hairdryer through bulb hole.

Commence drying after removing the Battery, only to see a little ripple of pooled water in the bottom of the lamp.

No problems I'll just poke a rag through with a spanner to soak excess up, drops spanner into the headlight assembly. Cue much swearing and having to take the grill off snapping some clips along the way to wriggle the lamp enough to fish the spanner out. Finally after much cocking around I now have a dry lamp :-D

• Like 1

Me n the missus aint happy bunnies. Went to pick her Astra 1.6 from the garage (the one that !Removed! my steering up) was just a full service, charged her 110 quid.

They also said her right rear spring is broken. However, few months ago when they MOT'd the car, they said her rear left spring was broken. At the time, they didn't want to replace both springs and said it wasn't necessary. I tried to argue otherwise but to no avail. Had they replaced both springs in the first place this wouldn't have happened. -.-

Tempted to get under the car and physically check and confirm that the spring is actually broken.

Edit, got underneath the car. i can see the left rear spring looks newer than the right rear. But the Right Rear which they have said is broken (but not dangerous) looks fine to me. it looks a bit older than the left rear, but i could see no cracks or damage to it and It felt solid to touch. Any ideas?

Edit, Does this look broken to anyone?

20140624_165805.jpg

20140624_165759.jpg

This is why I'm glad my brother in law owns a garage, he gives it me straight and advises me properly. It is actually good practice to replace both sides when doing things like suspension I think, weird that they wouldn't do it when you asked.

Bit of advice needed, my windscreen is chipped in so many ways I'm surprised it's still on the car. Some idiot obviously followed cars way too closely... the owner before my brother to be exact. I believe it will be a replacement just wondering how much to expect? I can't leave it much longer, as soon as I'm driving into the sun I can't see anything :(

This is why I'm glad my brother in law owns a garage, he gives it me straight and advises me properly. It is actually good practice to replace both sides when doing things like suspension I think, weird that they wouldn't do it when you asked.

Bit of advice needed, my windscreen is chipped in so many ways I'm surprised it's still on the car. Some idiot obviously followed cars way too closely... the owner before my brother to be exact. I believe it will be a replacement just wondering how much to expect? I can't leave it much longer, as soon as I'm driving into the sun I can't see anything :(

fully comp insurance? about £70 excess on a new windscreen? if both yes then smash a crack in it and claim?

Is agree with Bitman, you'll be looking mega bucks if it's a bonded windscreen. A larger stone with extra force would probably suffice. You only need a decent chip smack in front of the driver and it'll be a new windscreen. It could affect your premiums though so I'd check small print first

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thought I was onto a winner today ran a few insurance quotes came back fully comp £400 got over excited then realised I made myself 36 not 26....:( but did have a little blast with a fiesta st and the love for my car has come back :)