Northern Big One

Gambit

I don't think we will get enough for this but I'm happy to meet up and convoy in or something :)

I meant to post the same earlier but my tapatalk app has been **** today....count me in for that mate

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would have thought so mate it's a charity event I think it's £10 each for a club stand and more for just turning up I will have to check the cost.

Just had a look I'm not sure what it is on the day to turn up mate 

• Like 1

How many more do you need for the stand?

Put me down as a definite if it'll help you get the stand. I can make it. But if you can't get the stand I'd like to know a price for just turning up on the day as an "individual" before I commit.

• Like 1

I think it's 15 we need off the top of my head. I know it will be pointless me putting my name down now with needing to wait for this money and then repairs the end date and the day the event will be is too soon :( 

But 2nd that come one not many more needed I'm sure we have some others wanting to go Boot's is the Terminator of events he's coming from Wales. I'm sure we have some Manchester lot or some more northern members you know you want to go. Don't worry about your car it's for the event and fun of the day going that matters. ;)   

I know it's £10 to be on the stand might be the same just to turn up, I'm not entirely sure. It's one thing I would have made priority was a price list if it was me. But I know how well a job they do each year to get the event set up and can imagine how bust they get sorting it :) 

One last heads up for this will give it until tomorrow see if we can get the numbers up for as long as we can. Apologies to everyone if we can't make it this year as a club :( 

• Like 2

Hi chaps,

Just thought I would drop on and let you know a little about NBO.

Yes it is like a large meet with individual clubs showing their cars on stands, there are a few retailers although not too many, it is £10 per car for entry to the field and this years charity ios the Childrens Air Ambulance.

You can park up in the car park and just come and look at the cars/meet the clubs etc, or alternatively just go on all the rides at Lightwater valley, which I know you will not be interested in.

If you turn up just to look and then want to put your car in the judging ring, it would cost you the field entry price of £10 plus normally £2 to put your car in the ring for judging - there are some awesome cars but the show ring is purely just a show and shine event - so get your cleaning rags out.

Minimum number to have a club stand is 12.

As you can tell I have been going for a while now - its a great day out and chance to swap notes/tips etc with other like minded individuals, just dont go expecting a big show with loads of retailers as you will be disappointed if you do. That said the retailers that do do are all pretty good ones and there is a variety polishing/cleaning stuff, car parts, tuning advice etc.

If you decide to come over for the day (not with a stand) make sure you come over to the LADS stand and say hello to me ;)

See you there !!!

Mel

• Like 3

yeah we will have to figure out a way for the SOC members to meet up and park together or something. I've no idea how these things work, never been to a meet before.

Will there be food available? Or should I make a packed lunch lol :)

I best put my title to good use and regionally coordinate !

Right ot we need to see what time the start time is and I'd like a list of people attending and where they are coming from and which route :-)

That way I can try and work out the best meeting point.

As for dinner I've no idea

• Like 2

Ok anymore people heading down from your neck of the woods?

Bosh (if he's still coming) and I will be heading up the a61 most probably then turning offf at rippon and up we could always meet you justoff the m'way

Sent from my SM-T210

If you are not on a stand, make sure you all turn up together, there are usually a few rows of cars in the middle that aren't on stands. So they tell you to park up side by side in the order you go in. There is room to park in LWV off the main road before you pay to go on the field, so if you get split up, wait there and go in together.

There is usually a food van on the field, or its just a short walk to get something from a LWV shop.

• Like 1

Ok anymore people heading down from your neck of the woods?

Bosh (if he's still coming) and I will be heading up the a61 most probably then turning offf at rippon and up we could always meet you justoff the m'way

Sent from my SM-T210

I'm happy to meet up wherever is best for all concerned mate or where is easiest and most accessible. Just say where and I'll be there...well most likely me, the mrs and the dog.....you can bring dogs, can't you? [emoji54]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk