My Outback 3.0r Auto Test Drive

david1972

The original is SS?.......looked quite corroded in parts; can that still happen with SS?

Bonus though, if it is.....learning so much tonight already from you, thanks mate

They do tend to look a bit like that but a magnet is the easy way to tell, stainless is not magnetic.As far as I know mine is stainless.

Of course I could be wrong, in fact i`m going to check at the weekend meself. :)

Your poor dog isn't going to know what's hit him the first time you give it the beans,

Stainless will never get that badly corroded I had a full system on the mazda that had been on for 20 years it goes a bit dull and spotty but will always come back with a lot of effort, if you don't have a magnet spare another good way is to give it a tap with something, you'll get a nice metalic ping instead of a dull thud

• Like 1

nice cars, very good if do some long journeys & like some grunt as well as luxury ...

Sensible mileage too which is a bonus on these.

Just get use to bigger bill in the filling stations, especially to start with :-D

What road tax this one ? K or L .

When you picking it up ...

It's K, as registered before 23 March 2006 - was one of my 'must have's' on the 'car with some welly' checklist  ;)

Provisionally Saturday for pick-up, but that's dependent on funds clearing by then. If not, then early next week as I'm off work this week and next  :)

Your poor dog isn't going to know what's hit him the first time you give it the beans,

Stainless will never get that badly corroded I had a full system on the mazda that had been on for 20 years it goes a bit dull and spotty but will always come back with a lot of effort, if you don't have a magnet spare another good way is to give it a tap with something, you'll get a nice metalic ping instead of a dull thud

I know, poor lad......as if having his knackers cut off and eyes operated on wasn't enough to cope with in one week  :o

Its outrageous that if you want a nice set of wheels of YOUR choice they have your pants down and roger you.

A Prius......one of the most polluting cars ever made when you actually look into how its put together and then how it has to be de-commissioned......... Politics of envy!  :angry:

Don't wind me up on environmental cars pollution statistics as it is complete garbage.

Manufacturing over complex vehicles with short life span (junk) is not good for the environment & the amount of diesel used shipping the scrap to eastern block or china for recycling is an absurd way to reduce carbon emissions :-O

I have an old 1988 nissan sunny hatchback kicking about that runs around happily set lean as i'm so green (stingy) emissions are pretty damn good, it uses recycled engine oil & reclaimed tyres & is incredibly reliable & wants for almost nothing at 26years of running, now that truly has low carbon footprint if do the figures for life of car. Only keep it going out of respect for its general reliability & it drives great overall so haven't got heart scrap it.

I still can't believe one of the recent governments hasn't scrapped on screen car tax in favour of adding a few pence per litre to fuel. That way those who use the roads most, pay the most tax (loosely speaking).

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You sound not unlike myself Mr B. ....We could chat all day

Sent from my Superior Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

Rant all day probably :-D

I do think most Subaru owners have many similar interests/views & that is why Subaru clubs tend to be quite conciliatory ...

Anyway i'll hand thread back to the soon to be Mr six pistons  ...

• Like 2

Hehe cheers fella....still as excited as yesterday, in case you were wondering. Will have a look at those manuals when on laptop tonight [emoji106]

Right....got an SS exhaust quote from cat back through to rear of £350 incl fitting and vat. I have no idea how much of the system that represents, or if that's good value or not.

Anybody able to offer me some pearls of wisdom please?

Yes.....take a look underneath and the cat is more or less under the front seats. And that's a very good price as long as they know it's a twin system.

Sent from my Superior Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So does that mean from the cat forward is already SS, or that it doesn't get changed when going to a SS system, or something else?

Sorry....I've always found this confusing