Making the sales parts Members only

Ash007ks

16 members have voted

1. 1. Make the Sales part of the forum Member online.

• Paid Members
    • Post Limited
    • Free for everyone to use.

As above really, pro and cons, however im getting abit tired of the 1 post wonders cropping up and selling stuff.

why not be more like the other forums and either limit or make it a member only part. it will stop them appearing, posting up their car for sale and disappearing again, i have said this before and im sorry if im becoming a bind with the matter, ive put a poll up to see the general public perception.

I've always had a thing about this type of behaviour. I think it should be post limited and be a sensible number, say 50.

If it's any less, it's too easy to just post rubbish on a few threads and then put the for sale ad up.

I know it was originally a forum perk when getting going to attract new members - As we have now got a really good following of solid regulars maybe it is time to change it - I think the post count as a minimum would be good

Certainly needs post limited for selling as that way get some idea on quality of people you dealing with, thus making it safer & less problematic over current setup, is a bit open to abuse as is ....

Expect making it paid members would reduce the sales too much so we all miss out.

Could perhaps have a cheaper basic members package allowing full forum access/use but not full perks of current premium paid membership !

• Like 1

Do have to be careful with going on post counts though as could have a negative effect of creating a lot of pointless threads & posts just to reach requirement for selling.

I think ideally a basic members fee of £4.95 plus at least 10 quality posts could be way to go, basic fee of £4.95 purely for online perks but perhaps stickers option at extra fee when signing up !

Think that would be good for club, members & just about everyone really !

I think we've been lucky not to have seen any scammers on here tbo , but I would either know who I'm dealing with (if not check their profile post count) or ask for a eBay link To try to avoid being tucked up.

It is a shame that there seems to be a lot more of 1post cars for sale adds with people parting company with their subarus .

Rather than posts with shiny bits for sale to improve and maintain your scoob .

Something seems to be working for me as it's the only club im fully paid up with[emoji106]

• Like 1

Agree with jay I'd still keep basic membership free with the the ability to post stuff in for sale section after a minimum amount maybe bits and bobs could be on from 25 or so but if you were wanting to break or sell a car then maybe 50 constructive posts.

Is there any way of mods being able to police the thead count so even if you'd posted 49 bits of !Removed! you couldn't put up no50 in the cars for sale.

Ash and I were talking about people we've seen at meets posted once or twice then never again i know circumstances change but would nice to understand why they don't want to come back or be able to leave constructive feedback for us to be able to go forward.

Is there any way the sales section could be set up based on length of membership; for example 3 months on here before you can post in there?

Just a thought

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I voted post count, but this is a hard call, you could miss a bargain just because someone has joined to sell something! 

I see all the points, but sure any member will look as the seller and trust an active member more than a 1 post member selling something

• Like 1

For example I have 7 posts (now) I have had 2 scoobs in the past, been a member on TTS years ago as vantastic, scoobynet etc, know lots of people in the scoob world, sure a Mod could run the for sale area and look at the posting member

I voted post count, but this is a hard call, you could miss a bargain just because someone has joined to sell something! 

I see all the points, but sure any member will look as the seller and trust an active member more than a 1 post member selling something

I agree with this, but also see the point of people with only the one post just signing up to post a sale item i.e a car or a part. It's been spoke about before and I have let Steve the owner know to change this to a minimum post count. When I email him about the flag/flags I'd like more than one :D I will drop it into conversation again :) 

I am new to the forum so no doubt I may be castigated for being new.

If someone is in need of a part and a seller has the part but is being restricted from posting an ad because they have not got a score, who suffers ? Everyone does because people will go elsewhere to source parts etc and so dies a forum.

I understand that the world is not free but to keep the interest up. Perhaps a free advertising section and a limit on the amount of times someone can post for free.

Nibaru

• Like 1

Hi Nibaru - you wont be castigated - we are not that type of forum but do promote sharing of opinions and discussion.

If in the case you mention the person needing the item posts a thread in the wanted section then a sale could be agreed, no post minimum is required then.

• Like 1

I am new to the forum so no doubt I may be castigated for being new.

If someone is in need of a part and a seller has the part but is being restricted from posting an ad because they have not got a score, who suffers ? Everyone does because people will go elsewhere to source parts etc and so dies a forum.

I understand that the world is not free but to keep the interest up. Perhaps a free advertising section and a limit on the amount of times someone can post for free.

Nibaru

The issue is created when "Cowboys" shall we call them, just come along and try and flog there stuff,

A. without saying hello

.B without posting proper threads.

Everyone website im part of or have been part of have never had an issue by either having a paid member part or a post limit. Scoobynet is paid, Driftworks is a minimum of 100 posts before you can even get in the sale part to even post, Skyline owners delete all posts that are made by unpaid members in the sales or on their FB.

I think the forum is big enough to have some form of limit it on the sales part now, whether paid or limited, otherwise we will just end up with all the people that cannot be bothered to create posts on other forums or pay to advertise. While i can remember when i first joined that there wasnt many of us and it was a great lure in, i believe with our community now we dont need to be unlimited.

As for missing out ? we all check eBay and post links on here so i wouldnt say anyone is missing out on an item and if a seller is really bothered about selling his/her item then a few posts saying hello etc isnt going to be too hard.

It will also get rid of the ... Hi i want to sell my subaru which is a turbo etc post, these will then be more detailed and have pictures etc.

My two cents thats all and im sorry if ive offended anyone it wasnt meant to come across that way.

• 1 month later...

As a newbie i have found it very helpful to be able to post anywhere, including buying and selling. I will confess that i will not be one of the highest posters on here, as i am pretty limited in my knowledge of motors. however when i had my 3MPS and was on that forum, i had to pay to be able to post items for sale. I currently have several upgrade parts in my shed that would probably do somebody a job, and make me a few quid, but i don't want to have to pay £15 to be able to post them on their forum.

I understand what everyone else has said, and i know all the single posters are annoying, so i can see it from both sides.  So for me.......... i'm gonna sit on the fence!