JapShow 2015 - Sunday 5th July

Gambit

Well we have Japshow finale but I think we could maybe do a club event at Santa Pod if we look into it more it does seem central enough for most of us.

Well up for that could even do a stand at RWYB days?
  • Like 1

It's a shame we didn't get all this commitment to NBO, or even a fraction of it

Hopefully more will come next year...traders too

• Like 1

Well up for that could even do a stand at RWYB days?

Yeah even if we have to do it on a quieter public day :) Will looking into the details of it :D 

It's a shame we didn't get all this commitment to NBO, or even a fraction of it

And next year I hope it's what it should have been this year. I really hope they bring in the payment upfront as me and Nick was saying yesterday if people pay advance less of them will want to not turn up :) 

https://youtu.be/ZlFHY_U22Jo

View from the cabin. Using stants' gopro. Not that he wanted credit but it's his fault you get to watch this. Cheers mate [emoji12]

That was the second run.

https://youtu.be/bEdQr_9V4Jg

First run. Notice the delayed reaction. The lights really caught me out.

post-3548-143617936827_thumb.jpg

Bottom paper is mine. Shows times and speeds. Each of the two runs I did was against the blob eye which is the middle page. My biggest gloat is...he has 324hp I have 276hp [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57]

• Like 2

Yer me and Gambit where talking about going on a public day I think it's £10 to get the car in and £20 for runs all day so not that cheap but being a none event day will be quieter so can get more runs in and also pick who your racing.

Could even make it a little bit of a friendly comp pick match ups out of a hat or something.

People who don't want to do a mad launch don't have to as I know I don't fancy getting a new clutch just yet but also would like a few goes on the 1/4.

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

• Like 2

A few on my local forum might be interested in going on a rwyb day so I'll ask the chairman and see if we can drum up some interest .

I understand that most people don't like the idea of launching their pride n joy off the line but it's not all about beating other people's times just having a grin and improving on your own as well

• Like 3

There's also a form of 'consistant' timed racing, read about it a while ago as long as your within a percentile of your initial time then you win or something, so you don't necessarily have to boot it off the line to get your best times. I'll try to find it again

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

£30 for some fun doesn't sound too expensive ;). I take it there is a fuel station nearby? It's nearly 200 miles for me to get to the pod but some drag racing sounds like a blast.

Dear all, thanks for a great day, nice to meet up with the face's of all the names, and to you scoobyghost, one min you had the contents from under the hood on the floor,the next you were flying down the 1/4? to you I dob my hat, top man. gambit it was a great turn out and well worth the money and time it took me and the good lady to get down, big pat on the back to all who put in the time and effort,coz without you it wouldn't have been so good for the rest of us.

Boots as for you're offer to help me out with my wheels (when the time comes) a big thanks.

Till next time gents and ladies, drive safe and will catch up soon.   

• Like 4

You're welcome mate and all credit belongs to the members that like yourself that makes the long slug to attend the events. But yeah was happy with the turn out even the stands location. even if I did think the tarmac was the place to be the grass section was a good position I think. Shame boot's didn't bring enough gas for the bbq but I'll remember to bring some food too next time but think Boot's had us all covered for that :D  

Oh and anyone see dancing man ?

• Like 3

Yes pal the tarmac would have been nice :P but I thought the grass bit we had was in a good spot as everyone had to drive passed us and could see we had a good turn out :D top marks to one and all :lol: 

May have to brush up on my dance moves for next one :o

• Like 2

The dancing man reminds me of me on Saturday night... [emoji85] I drank far too much but on the plus side I had a good time doing it [emoji2] [emoji12] . Just a shame I was hanging out of my !Removed! on Sunday [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes pal the tarmac would have been nice :P but I thought the grass bit we had was in a good spot as everyone had to drive passed us and could see we had a good turn out :D top marks to one and all :lol:

May have to brush up on my dance moves for next one :o

Well if you had got up and dances at least you wasn't far from the toilets ;) 

And Phil you made me laugh didn't even stop at the stand just drove on past and went straight to the drag strip Haha 

• Like 2