Northern Big One Sunday 21st June 2015.Sign up

Gambit

Apologies for not coming, my uncle flew in from America for a few days on Saturday :/ gutted I missed it but family reasons.

My feedback for the place would be pick another day other than fathers day etc that may then give the ability for more people to come

We got a trophy for coming 10th at least. Made staying later just about worth it lol

2qum6oh.jpg

BTW Dave and Tom. The auction and raffle were happening while you were still there. Like I said in my last post we just didn't know, so missed out. Was gutted. Got there just in time for the trophy haha.

• Like 1

I did wonder as I drove out as there was a big huddle behind the cars in the ring we couldn't see past.....pic of the trophy Nick! Lol

Edit my bad, you already had hahaha

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Uploaded the pics - https://www.facebook.com/nick.foulstone.18/media_set?set=a.478456212304113.1073741834.100004192154481&type=3

Dave - yea mate. Use it for both. They are actually more commonly used to apply the wax, then buff off by hand. But I've got pads to do both. I give it a quick buff all round by hand afterwards still as I always end up missing little bits though. Still a hell of a lot faster than doing it entirely by hand though.

This is the one I've got by the way - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orbital-Professional-Valeting-Polisher-Polishing/dp/B007CHEXSO/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434924476&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Streetwise+orbital

Cheap and cheerful but does the job brilliantly. Just buy good pads and you're set. I did extend the plug cable on mine though as it doesn't come with much. Just reached the centre of the roof with my extension next to the car. Not entirely necessary but made it easier on myself. If you end up buying one and want to do the same bring it with you to the next meet and I'll extend it for you.

Cheers guys all noted I'll pass the info forward :D

I did think about the paying beforehand too I think it would help keep number too just not sure if they  can do it there end but all idea will be put forward :)

This is the one I've got by the way - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orbital-Professional-Valeting-Polisher-Polishing/dp/B007CHEXSO/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434924476&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Streetwise+orbital

Cheap and cheerful but does the job brilliantly. Just buy good pads and you're set. I did extend the plug cable on mine though as it doesn't come with much. Just reached the centre of the roof with my extension next to the car. Not entirely necessary but made it easier on myself. If you end up buying one and want to do the same bring it with you to the next meet and I'll extend it for you.

Thanks mate [emoji106]

I was looking for you guys, (I was part of LADS  :ph34r: )

But I couldn't find you. I walked round SOCOM a few times but didn't even realise that it was SOC right next to it!

Amused me that the Aston was used as a "show car" for the cleaning and polishing products, but then didn't even make it to the final two  ^_^ 

I wish I'd know they were doing an auction, I would've bought cash with me :(  .... or just not spent what I had on Cider...
I did want to buy a Samco hose too, but quickly realised I had no idea what part of the engine it was supposed to be in!

Also, did anyone else get sunburnt?? OR am I just that pasty that I burn when it's overcast too??

• Like 1

Just to keep you guys in the loop this was the reply I got from NBO 

Thanks for the replies. I shall look into the raffle ticket situation, I did here one person say oh it must be rigged as they didn win, But they only bought one strip of tickets. I'm sure there used to be coloured draw ticket books But I'll find out.

Camping has been brought up a few times, we did used to allow it but people were arriving and not donating on the night they arrived. I mentioned this on sunday about issuing wristbands. if you have one you've paid if you have not then you'd need to donate, another thing with the camping is it will need to be kept to a sensible affair if it is to happen. we have had incidents of people doing donuts on the field etc a few years go which has repercussions on us as the organisers.

The PA system for the show was a stand in couple of lads, the guy who usually does it was in hospital up to the run up to the show and could not attend like usual. will be sorted for next years event that's for sure.

In the past the club stands were each side and the bottom with the arena in the middle and traders across the top. but due to dwindling numbers the field has not been used to its potential.

At least they are taking the feedback on board, dave, nick &tom how did the Turn out numbers compare to last year ?

A bit better promotion/advertising for the event wouldn't go amis as not all of us are on fb and the Cumbria scoobs site wanted me to pay to view threads when I was looking last year.

To be fair I thought the mc was a bit pants the other year, sounded like he was out of phoenix nights,

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the biggest problem so far is I'm not speaking to the same person every time :) But they did say they wanted feedback and that's what they got. The bloke who did it last year has done it for 12 years so don't think they will get rid of him. 

I've offred to help best I can next year with getting it out so people know more see what happens :) 

Numbers from our club were down on last year, numbers overall were down, number of traders attending were down (at a pitiful 2!).

From where we were put you couldn't hear the pa at all

We won a lot of prices in the raffle, but then we did buy a load of tickets...

One guy in our group missed out by one number nearly every time

You could barely hear the speakers where we were either and our stand was basically next to it....

Over night camping would be good, plus the hangover would be gone by the time I had to drive home

Numbers from our club were down on last year, numbers overall were down, number of traders attending were down (at a pitiful 2!).

From where we were put you couldn't hear the pa at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've put it to them twice if they could do a payment before the event as pointed out if you pay for a ticket the idea of oh !Removed! it can't be arsed goes down alot :D I'm getting the impression more and more people are not going and they're wondering how to change it now. I would have thought though they would have bunched everyone up as the day went on to condense the space. With the raffle I'm not sure I just had someone point out to me that they only used white tickets, so I'm not I just pointed it out as to what peoples views of the event was. Hopefully it will be taken on board most of it was still positive. I'll be trying to promote it more next year too I think with our facebook page