New member saying hi.

2015sti

Hi all, just thought I would say hi, any one else got the new shape 2015 wrx sti ?

picked mine up last week and struggling with the run in period. its safe to say I wont be able to do the whole 1000 miles . this is my first Subaru and I am enjoying it so far . looks good, goes good.

also I would like to come along to some meets this year , what are the main events close to Yorkshire ?

cheers

Yeh, there's a few of us.

The dealer told me it doesn't need running in, although I'm taking the first 1000 fairly steady.

What colour?

As for meets, check the meet section. Don't think there's any local ones planned atm although cadwell is coming up.

• Like 1

Hi welcome,

Which part of West Yorkshire are you located in ?

There's noting in leeds at the moment as it didn't take off last year but there's a meet down T Sheffield subaru services on the 2nd Monday of the month

mine is the pearl white colour. got about £200 miles on it now but I have opened it up a few times I just couldn't help it , going to change the oil at 1000 miles. the dealer also told me not to run it in .

and I am just on the skirts of leeds also.

Welcome, I still remember mile 999 as I dropped 2 gears and booted it. General 1000 mile run in is always a good idea even if not just for the engine, bedding everything (brakes/diff) in nicely I think will make it last. Plenty of full power red line then cool down statements get made and they are correct you'll get more from the engine if you do but I think for long life follow the book.

Loving mine, just about to hit 11K in 5 months so I didn't have to wait long to get my toe down.

Out of interest was yours an ex-demo or just unregistered since arrival as I still don't know if more than 250 are coming into the country, especially with such high demand for them in the US/Japan.

Stick some pics up if you can, I went for the WR Mica Blue as I just had to have the old skool colour.

Enjoy your new car.

Phil

Yeah I don't really know about waiting times, me and the wife went car shopping and we just caught sight of the Subaru so we had a look ,

the dealer said they have waiting 7 months for a white one (Don't know if that's true) and they got it on display on the Monday , we viewed it on the Wednesday and collected it on the Thursday with 4 miles on it !

I was told by a friend that all Subaru drivers "let on" to each other is this true ? 

these are the only pics I have at the moment from when it was collected last week.

anyone got any tuning info on these ?

post-4068-0-62905600-1427215907_thumb.jp

post-4068-0-36107100-1427215914_thumb.jp

post-4068-0-21935700-1427215945_thumb.jp

post-4068-0-41086500-1427215955_thumb.jp

post-4068-0-77335700-1427215970_thumb.jp

post-4068-0-92186400-1427215998_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Not much tuning available atm as far as I'm aware.

A few have had exhaust and remap getting approx 340-350bhp.

Bare in mind though, subaru uk will not honour any warrantys on performance modified cars.

What you might be able to get away with though in terms of swapping parts and whether remaps are recorded on the ecu after being returned std is a different matter.

Apparently scooby clinic have a 400hp option but I haven't seen any packages released yet.

If your set on tuning, might be worth getting in touch with the clinic or maybe even Litchfield?

After you've run it in a bit obv ;)

Not much tuning available atm as far as I'm aware.

A few have had exhaust and remap getting approx 340-350bhp.

Bare in mind though, subaru uk will not honour any warrantys on performance modified cars.

What you might be able to get away with though in terms of swapping parts and whether remaps are recorded on the ecu after being returned std is a different matter.

Apparently scooby clinic have a 400hp option but I haven't seen any packages released yet.

If your set on tuning, might be worth getting in touch with the clinic or maybe even Litchfield?

After you've run it in a bit obv ;)

Yeah I'm not enjoying the run in period and I have opened her up a few times im sure there built to last.

I was also a bit annoyed about the lack of options , I'd love to of had a sun roof and the areo kit.

As for tuning I might just wait and see how I get on with it and a few bolt ons like you say

Induction kit

Exhaust

Front mount

Remap

See if I can get a nice 380bhp ish would be good.

What are the limits of the transmission ect?

Welcome, nice to see another member with the new sti. I've just hit the 1000 mile mark now my car is already starting to feel better :) I've seen a few other new sti's round my way. Looks like they're selling a few.

What's your doing to a tank of fuel has it loosened up at all ? Mine was dreadful the first tank probably because of the shorter town trips

I've got a lead foot so still getting 20 mpg most of the time but I have had it up to 28 on one sensible trip. I'm not sure how many miles I'm getting to a tank though I've never let it go under a quarter tank yet. Yea its defibetly started to loosen up I've really felt the difference over the last 300 mile

Yeah I did 200miles to the last tank (to the petrol light).

not that I bought it for economy I just wondered how others have compared , I have a diesel for the economy if its needed.

mine says on the computer its doing 21mpg

Hello there!

I have also ordered this model few days ago; I even bought a number plate for it; aren't I mad??!!

It's in white and the dealer said it may be here from another dealership in 1-2 weeks now.

I think 380bhp is a little optimistic tbh but I'm deff no expert.

Exhaust options, someone is selling a milltek cat-back on here I think.

Hayward n Scott seem to be a popular choice.

Sun-roof?! A bit 90's for across here! ;)

I know it was an option on the US wrx.

Aero kit you can order via your dealer if you want. Approx £1200 for full kit fitted.

Alternatively you could opt for the HT autos kit which is a bit cheaper I think. Not sure about warranty though.

(that's if you were meaning the under spoilers aero kit btw)

• Like 1

From cold or all the time ?

Erm the car was up to temp , the diff was in full lock and I went to turn round in the road full steering lock right and it didn't fell or sound normal.

Especially with a new car with 300miles on

What did the others say? Cos, any sort of that noise should not be expected, I guess :huh: :( my simple mind says, but I hope it's not a problem

They haven't got back to me yet I asked them to try the same turn that I did with the same settings