Different stage modifications!?

Scoobyghost

Right basically I'm after a consensus as to what mod is a particular stage. I found this link http: //www.torquecars.com/tuning/tuning-stages.php and it seems to explain it but I spoke to a friend of mine and the shop he is having his vxr worked on claim an exhaust and remap as stage 2. Further to my confusion is my insurance company are allowing me stage 1 mods and confirmed to me that I'm covered for intake, exhaust and a remap.

Can anyone shed some light on this debacle and clear up my confusion. [emoji53]

I don't think there is a fixed definition it varies from tuning company to company and across model ranges

I have always approached stage 1 as bolt on so filters and exhaust end can

stage 2 involves bolt on changes that need a remap to get optimum effect so full exhaust and or turbo replacement

Stage 3 onwards is engine internals - but you can always rebuild an engine with cdb and fully forged / lightened components - still using all the OEM external stuff - so dont know if this is classed as a stage or not?

• Like 1

I don't think there is a fixed definition it varies from tuning company to company and across model ranges

I have always approached stage 1 as bolt on so filters and exhaust end can

stage 2 involves bolt on changes that need a remap to get optimum effect so full exhaust and or turbo replacement

Stage 3 onwards is engine internals - but you can always rebuild an engine with cdb and fully forged / lightened components - still using all the OEM external stuff - so dont know if this is classed as a stage or not?

I agree with this it seems to vary from tuner to tuner. Scoobyclinic offer a lot of tuning packs and it seems to vary from car to car also.

Scooby clinic will also !Removed! your car up.... moving on before i start a rant , Stage modifications as far as i remember is an old Ford and Honda thing, I.e on my Rs turbo it has stage 3 alloy radiator and stage 4 turbo, on the scooby these dont follow the same heir achy that the other makes do and such it varies from turner to tuner, i.e some may class mine and savages scoobs as custom, where as others may say mine is stage 3 and his is 4 or the other way around.

My advice is just take the mods with a pinch of salt and follow your own route, i just looked on different forums to see which parts where best and would give me the power and reliability i required.

• Like 2

like i said its become a cruise talk now, and im sorry to say as im sick of hearing it its mostly the vauxhall or honda lads, my bro has a corsa vxr and all i hear is omg his car is stage 3 and he has this stage sumet and its running this cause of its staging.... lol angry man today i think