Forza Motorsport 6

Just trying to help keep you on the straight and narrow. I know you're a wind up merchant, others may not[emoji15].

We're all just here for the crack.

I'll see if I can knock you off that top spot later. Don't want you to have an easy ride.

Any advice you can give people on getting good laptimes I'm sure would go down well.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Use a ghost as a guide. Pick one that has a time quite far ahead. Not just a couple hundreth. Don't follow the racing line. Don't trust the braking line. Feather the throttle. Never full/off in a corner. Unbalanced the car. Gear down before the corner. During the corner will slip the wheels.

I think where it's more realistic you're softer when turning in and more controlled with the throttle/brake. With a pad the turn in isn't very progressive. They're pricey though. Well worth it for the passionate racers but difficult to justify for a casual racer.

I've just done a 1:22.680 there's time to come off it yet but I'll leave that up there for now. It's more fun to let it go back and forth instead of trying to get the best time I can possibly do on my first day of trying. I did that with the controller though so now I'm gonna practice with the wheel to see how far behind I am with it.

I watched a chap knock 2 seconds off his lap times compared to the pad. As ghost said I think it's the learning process of swapping from pad to wheel people give up on.

It's like on dirt rally I played that with the wheel tried to play it with a pad the other day it's awful I kept crashing off and couldn't control the car at all.

And can everyone with lap times set pm them saves me going back through the pages haha

I've played the forza games for years and think I can set some decent lap times with a controller, I was daft enough to think I would start using the wheel and go faster straight away. It's definetly a learning curve I've just got down to 0.9 seconds off my controller time. There is bits I think I can do better with the wheel but it's harder to put it all together and set a good lap, I make a lot more mistakes with the wheel at the minute. I've been playing with my brake pedal dead zone and that's helped a bit.

• Like 1

I've played the forza games for years and think I can set some decent lap times with a controller, I was daft enough to think I would start using the wheel and go faster straight away. It's definetly a learning curve I've just got down to 0.9 seconds off my controller time. There is bits I think I can do better with the wheel but it's harder to put it all together and set a good lap, I make a lot more mistakes with the wheel at the minute. I've been playing with my brake pedal dead zone and that's helped a bit.

I had a set of pedals and a gear stick but I didn't have a frane and seat to mount them on. A full race seat set up with peddles I can see how that would work. And anyway you can't "lean" your car around the corner with a steering wheel. Go on, admit it, who here who uses a corner leans as they turn to help the car round [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk