Holy MPG Batman!!

Sandals

Noise? Yes... it doesn't make it louder but it defines the burble a bit more. 

Emissions? Not sure, I read somewhere that the cats in the up pipe and cat pipe are only really necessary for passing emissions when it's cold as the cat in the downpipe is the main one. Can't confirm that as I have not had an MOT done since removing the 3rd cat

• Like 1

You've at least 20 more before you run out, I reckon you should get a jerry can with 5l and play light roulette,

Mine comes on when it feels like,managed 100 miles once with it on, (it came on when needle was half way between 1/4 /empty)

Made a change as the 1st year I had her it never came on

• Like 1

I get about 280 miles to where I'm about 1/4 tank and it costs between 38-40 quid to fill, that was twice a week nearly. That's with a k&n panel, pro drive y pipe and back box, deres centre pipe, 2nd decat and a remap. Tuning these cars saves you money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finished my first full tank after remap and new front calipers. Not sure which made bigger impact but my tank range went from 210 miles to 295 miles :) Well happy with that 😀

Oh and it was about 1/3 of motorway driving, a bit of commuting and over half of it was quick A-roads run with a few other Scoobs so plenty of boost ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Completely standard 2.0 Impreza hatchback, surely can't have similar mpg to some of the cars here?

Traffic jams I saw it go to 11mpg :(

round the doors 27mpg

Running it round backroads 23mpg.

Driving to London at 70 on cruise control 36mpg. 363 miles to that tank. 

But find the computer is about 3mpg higher than it is everytime.

are all imprezas 10 gallon?  my handbook says 60 litre. but can only get 54.6 in even with needle completely on the bottom and the range showing ---.  bit of a sod when it says you have 20miles to go then randomly disappears as you pull onto the motorway lol

18 hours ago, martyc said:

Who needs a diesel when you have a wrx?

Exactly! 

19 hours ago, Jamie_uk said:

are all imprezas 10 gallon?  my handbook says 60 litre. but can only get 54.6 in even with needle completely on the bottom and the range showing ---.  bit of a sod when it says you have 20miles to go then randomly disappears as you pull onto the motorway lol

Not sure... I know the classics fuel tanks are pretty small

• 2 weeks later...

my 2008 hatchback wrx usually gets about 26mpg (around 260-270 miles) average per tank, although my drive to work is half stop start through towns.

Drove up to the lake district (from cambridge) recently with the mrs and averaged 33mpg(330 ish miles).

• Like 1

It's mainly about driver style . I've seen guys in the states get Prius down to about 11 mpg. my friend did a track day in his s2000 last year got 90 miles to a tank [emoji23] about 7mpg . it's been proven the sti of driven properly should out perform the wrx. But don't in the real world cos everyone loves giving it the beans ;) . after my build driving back from Plymouth I did about 170 miles and averaged 40mpg a354c5d687fe16b22cd0b34a80c43a7d.jpg

Then on the way back up there for mapping I drove from Portsmouth to the Shell garage outside Plymouth about 160 miles cost me £20 to fill the car right up, proves a scooby can do good mpg if you treat it right [emoji1360]

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2016 at 10:03 PM, Sandals said:

I consistently get over 300... If i haven't done a lot of motorway miles, i'll get to 290ish... get yourself a WRX :D

I am :tongue: