Holy MPG Batman!!

Sandals

1 hour ago, Sandals said:

Aye I meant like does anyone run it? Think there's something wrong on my end. Used just under a 1/4 of a tank going 35miles...that works out to around 9mpg roughly?! Surely something's wrong there...only put my foot down twice in that time too! I could understand 15mpg but 9! 😱 Wife's gunna kill me haha

Aye I meant like does anyone run it? Think there's something wrong on my end. Used just under a 1/4 of a tank going 35miles...that works out to around 9mpg roughly?! Surely something's wrong there...only put my foot down twice in that time too! I could understand 15mpg but 9! [emoji33] Wife's gunna kill me haha

Sometimes my fuel gage spaks out if only topping up a lil bit , then if you boot it sometimes goes right down to where it was before. Go chuck another £15-£20 in for peace of mind and it shoots right over half way I always try top up over half a tank now for this reason

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

Sometimes my fuel gage spaks out if only topping up a lil bit , then if you boot it sometimes goes right down to where it was before. Go chuck another £15-£20 in for peace of mind and it shoots right over half way I always try top up over half a tank now for this reason

I filled it from empty mate. 55L roughly in it. That's similar to what I'm thinking (hoping) has happened though. Just dropped 1/4 tank quickly and will now slow down to a normal rate. Haven't hit full boost loads in it yet as I'm just trying to learn the car at the moment.

I filled it from empty mate. 55L roughly in it. That's similar to what I'm thinking (hoping) has happened though. Just dropped 1/4 tank quickly and will now slow down to a normal rate. Haven't hit full boost loads in it yet as I'm just trying to learn the car at the moment.

Oh that's random I've never had that happen from a full tank

5 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

Oh that's random I've never had that happen from a full tank

Yeah...when I worked it out, 1/4 tank gone and only gone 40miles...gunna be like 180mi on a tank of 15 gallons is 12.

Was it full till it clicks ?? I recon It must just be your dial freaking out I know Scoobys are in now way frugal but you should return an average of atleast 25 mpg with some spirited driving I return 33ish and even more on a run and I've got 650cc injectors and a bigger turbo. although in stock trim a quarter of a tank in 40 odd miles is defiantly doable if doing very spirited driving because at WOT it will drink a lot and I mean a hideous amount, and cold starts with high idol will use a lot trying to warm the cats. My recommendation would be, if it does it again go strait back to the pet station and brim it till it clicks again, then you know for sure how much fuel you have used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kershaw-330s said:

Was it full till it clicks ?? I recon It must just be your dial freaking out I know Scoobys are in now way frugal but you should return an average of atleast 25 mpg with some spirited driving I return 33ish and even more on a run and I've got 650cc injectors and a bigger turbo. although in stock trim a quarter of a tank in 40 odd miles is defiantly doable if doing very spirited driving because at WOT it will drink a lot and I mean a hideous amount, and cold starts with high idol will use a lot trying to warm the cats. My recommendation would be, if it does it again go strait back to the pet station and brim it till it clicks again, then you know for sure how much fuel you have used.

Yep, clicked and then I fill it up even more so it's almost coming out haha. Yeah that's what I thought though. It's not very spirited driving I'm doing, and I always wait till it's warmed up until I start boosting fully.

At the end of the day the fuel gauge is notoriously rubbish for getting an accurate read, if the pump has been changed there's a chance the sender unit/float could have been damaged and giving further wonky reads,

1/4 used on the top half of the tank is more like 1/2.

When my gauge hits half full it takes nearly 30l to fill it back up, again with the final 1/4 full the low fuel light may decide to come on randomly or I can do 120miles and the light won't even flicker but the needle will be below empty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I normally fill mine right to the top each time and record the miles VS how much i put in to work out my MPG

i have a 50L tank in mine and the needle sitting on the empty line means there is 9L left in the tank. The halfway mark means 25-30L is left, depending on how it feels like that day.

In reality don't take what is says as gospel, I've had the gauge go up on my 10 mile drive to work, if only it did that all the time :laugh:

• Like 1

Shell are still saying its 99ron, there was a load of questions about it raised (mainly on the gtr forums iirc) about it about 12-18 months ago. but word came back nitro+ is indeed 99 ron.

Vpowers predecessor was optimax and that was 98ron, you thinking of that?

Nope defiantly nitro + I'm sure I read a similar thread and they came to the conclusion it was no longer 99 , also Shell don't advertise it as 99 anymore and on their website it says nothing of the octane rating , not that it really matters great fuel non the less