My '05 STI Widetrack

Steven252

Love the car . Its my dream car the colour the dccd widetrack. I keep telling my wife and kids that's my next car when can afford not just yet with bills mortgage. But defo going to get one. Talking about the corolla this will be a lot different to the t sport. My brother ran a corolla t sport for a few years he was also on the corolla club it was stock in grey.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hed have probably known my old one, was the most known compressor on the forum due to the spec/power of it

157BC44F-4980-4879-9464-0EB5E8EDDFFE_zps

48D3F827-4191-4287-8922-3E62FB0F389D_zps

The rear deffuser and bumper teims really sort the rear end out!

2754FAB6-F53F-49B3-98EC-DC013BCC4B5F_zps

Built up a swirl pot for the boot out of some aluminium. Has stopped the famous subaru fuel surge these cars suffer with 

483CBD79-3745-40E9-9DA2-50F7620CB261_zps

507025BF-59D5-4D71-AEE5-5A350F5C4AF9_zps

6DD125AB-7DE5-4EE2-98E7-5E0CD080DE2D_zps

Its all built up with AN teflon braided hose and fittings to stop the nasty fuel smell getting into the car. I am also running the pump on a OEM subaru fuel pump controller to keep the noise of it down. 

CB06D2AE-E2B5-4137-BD39-106A136BA423_zps

Springs turned up, they are 9kg fronts and 7kgs rear with solid rear top mounts. Probably will be a little firm on the road than the current 5kgF/4kgR but there is far to much body roll on them. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wonder if he meant the fuel cut not surge. My old one would cut out if it had less then a quarter fuel in and you took a corner too fast. Heard that's quite common too, this would sort that too would it not?

• Like 2

Yup, i was experiencing fuel surge then cut every time i took a fast right hand corner/powered out of one, with anything less than 1/2 a tank. Dont experience any of that now

Springs were fitted and ive since picked up a little bit of understeer so ive messed about with the geo settings and antiroll bars front and rear to dial it out. Cars loads better now it doesnt have excessive body roll like it did before

Its still on the stock turbo yes, was running 344bhp and 328ft on normal pump 99 fuel, but ive since adjusted the map for a 20% meth mix. It goes noticeably better now 

Thanks for all the positive comments, i havent really used the car a lot recently. Need to get using it more

Nice progress and it looks sweet too [emoji106]

I'll probably fit a under bonnet swirl pot eventually to rid my classic of fuel starvation . It's a common problem on all the imprezas , As the petrol tank has a " hump" in it to give clearance for the propshaft under it . This effectively splits the tank into half (when low on fuel ) and the fuel pump pick up right side gets "starved" of fuel when cornering hard to the right the fuel goes too the left .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Strange, even at 400 mine didnt after the filter was sorted. although was a hawk to be fair

Same tank on the v7-9. The garages track car had the same issue so i built one for that too. Sticky tyres and coilovers is all you need to cause the problem.

As said above its because of the shape of the tank and the pump being on the right side. Means all the petrol moves to the left on hard right hand turns away from the pump. All imprezas suffer this problem and a swirl pot and external pump is the only way to cure it

• Like 2