New BRZ

Andy69

Hi all, a newbie here just saying hello.

Getting a new BRZ in WR blue next week from my local dealer (MT Cars, Peterborough Cambs).

Going from a Honda 2011 CRZ, so a bit of a change lol. Have been looking at a replacement for it for a little while now.

Just saw the BRZ and it was instant love at first sight. So I took one for a test drive. It was enough to convince me, loved it. Handles like a dream, so precise and a true drivers car.

Now...I never got to rev the engine above 4000rpm as the demonstrator had only covered 300 miles and was not run in. However, it was still enough for me to fall hook line and sinker for the BRZ. I have never driven a car that has felt so well matched between the road and driver. I just wanted to keep driving it and the sound of the engine was lovely....a gutsy growl in the cabin lol.

Anyway, can hardly wait until I pick up my new one next week. I'm 47 and it will be my very first brand new car.

Cheers,

Andy.

• Like 3

Wotcha and welcome - sounds like you are in for a real treat as the N/A engine on those really comes into its own higher up the rev range.

Feel free to get stuck in - all friendly on here and keep a camera handy for the pick up :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cheers Jay,

I will try and remember to take some pictures when I collect the car:wink:.

On the test drive, the BRZ up to 4000rpm seemed pretty much as powerful as the Honda CRZ throughout the Hondas WHOLE rev range. But I have only had a small taster of the BRZ's real capability, so time will tell. Have a feeling I won't be disappointed though.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi all,

Today I took delivery of my new BRZ just in time before the heavens opened. My first drive was in heavy rain and the car handled like a dream. Went down the A1 from Peterborough to Huntingdon, filled her up with Shell V-power nitro petrol,  and then home to Chatteris. Have now done 50 miles lol.

Here is the hand-over and I am shaking hands with Mark Twigg (right) the Managing Director of MT Cars in Whittlesey.

They were very helpful, polite and exactly how you would expect a business to be.

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

• Like 2

Just a little update, done 250 miles so far and I am over the moon with this car. It simply ticks all the right boxes. The handling and cornering is amazing, just so solid on the road.

I found the gear change from 1st to second a bit notchy at first, but this seems to be easing off a bit the more I drive it.

Also, there is a kind of gear- whirring noise as you drive off but is only slight and sometimes not noticeable.....it seems to vary.

Still taking it easy of course until the run-in period is over.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, Just creeping over here from the Forester & XV pages....

My Friend is looking to trade his 09 WRX Hatch in for a 2016 BRZ.

The one he has his eye on is an ex-demo with around 600 miles on the clock.
Is there anything that he should look out for? My only concern was that it might not have had the nicest run in period with people booting it during the test drive. I suggested that there is the possibility of a 1000 mile optional oil change that he should bring up (think I read that on here somewhere) but other than that I cant think of any issues on an essentially brand new car.

He has test driven it once already and back to back with the Toyota GT86 & an STi 330 and seems to be smitten with the BRZ, so just want to make sure he doesn't end up with a plumb.

Look forward to your input. Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Time for another update, done 12,000 miles now and still love the car. The only let-down is the lack of power, but can't have it all I guess. It feels oh-so-slow at times. Yes there are options for improving that of course, but they sure ain't cheap. Boy, would I love to have the Cosworth upgrades and around 290BHP !!

Time for another update, done 12,000 miles now and still love the car. The only let-down is the lack of power, but can't have it all I guess. It feels oh-so-slow at times. Yes there are options for improving that of course, but they sure ain't cheap. Boy, would I love to have the Cosworth upgrades and around 290BHP !!

Lovely motor I do like them in the scooby blue , Speak to abbey about power upgrades , I’m sure you will notice a considerable difference with just a map and some basic mods , depends how far you want to go . friend of mine has recently sold his abbey motorsport Harrop supercharged 86 had ap racing breaks as well [emoji1305] was a lovely car and the harrop kit I believe isn’t as expensive as the cosworth
55bacb3854f87c94481b6ac4b56a0783.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

It is amazing how time flies and it will soon be two years since I got my BRZ. 

The good and bad points of this car can be found all over the internet, so there is no need to repeat it all again here. However, there is one more negative thing that has made me think that I will likely not get another BRZ in the future.

Now we have some hot weather, it is apparent just how under powered the air-conditioning really is (like the engine). The system remains in full recirculate mode (not nice, with stale air) and the temperature in the car never gets hugely below the outside ambient. Probably three or four degrees at best, in the shade. The system is only any good if the outside temperature never goes much above 21 degrees centigrade. Yes, the air-con is working according to spec... apparently. Total pants IMHO.

• 6 months later...

Despite my moanings last July about the air-con, I must say the desire for powerful air-con was NOT the reason for buying this car. Obvious really isn't it?

I love my BRZ for what it is.

It is great little car and I still get a thrill when driving now, as I did when I first took one out for a test drive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Erm well I just happened to notice a rathe nice WRX STI at the dealer and thought I'd go for a test drive. It is used and only slightly older than the BRZ being a 16 plate.

The result of a couple of test drives proved more than enough to convince me and it now resides on my drive after trading in the BRZ.

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

• Like 3