Help, looking to purchase Hawkeye STi

Seminole81

5 minutes ago, david1972 said:

They do have a good reputation...sounds like they are living up to it emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye, they are for sure mate. Am very pleased with them. They closed at 5:30pm and he was messaging me last night still at 8!

Think they just bought a blob for their "winter shop car" as well haha.

2 hours ago, david1972 said:

Just seen some more pics on facebook. You getting it tomorrow?

Hope so, just heard back from him saying pillar pods are done, just waiting on the centre bit, so hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

8 hours ago, david1972 said:

Great stuff...just seen some more pics on fb too emoji106.png

Mate, I didn't even realise until you said and went and had a look haha, I've saved them and posted them here!

Can already tell she's going to be very thirsty...what do you guys average roughly in mileage per tank? My wife isn't very impressed when I said around 18mpg...I only drive to work and back which is about 10miles each way. Will have to keep my foot up a bit I think, but it's so hard with just getting it!

Gunna have to get a build thread going 🤔😬😉😊 nothing major yet though, but already got some pods, although I'm not overly happy with the A pillar ones they did...they used a screw to keep it up 😡 *smh* also began to notice a issue already. Seems like the heating is temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2993.JPG

Got quite a big MPG thread on the go... I would expect, if you can drive it sensibly once you have gotten used to the car, around the 300 miles to a tank mark. To help things, I would fire some redex fuel additive to a couple of full tanks to help clean out the fuel system, this can help power and efficiency.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sandals said:

Got quite a big MPG thread on the go... I would expect, if you can drive it sensibly once you have gotten used to the car, around the 300 miles to a tank mark. To help things, I would fire some redex fuel additive to a couple of full tanks to help clean out the fuel system, this can help power and efficiency.

Cheers for the link. I did find one on ScoobyNet or something, but it was all over the place. Some saying between 210-300...was getting a bit worried there haha! Wonder what sensibly is considered? Only really got on it twice quickly yesterday...

At any date I'll start a build thread soon 😊 Am very pleased overall though!

Glad to hear it!

I would expect you should get no less than 250 per tank, less if you hoon it everywhere. I was averaging 260-280 when i first got mine, then once i settled down and got used to the car, consistently get over 300 miles 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sandals said:

Glad to hear it!

I would expect you should get no less than 250 per tank, less if you hoon it everywhere. I was averaging 260-280 when i first got mine, then once i settled down and got used to the car, consistently get over 300 miles 

Haha just replied in that thread. Hmm yeah at the moment, I don't even think I'm going to hit 200! I only put my foot down twice yesterday briefly and did about 25miles...1/8th gone. Oh well 😊 Did use Sainsbury's super unleaded though...it's the easiest for me as Shell is way out of the way and Tesco's, well I have no idea if there's even one about.

1 minute ago, Tidgy said:

25mpg? you boys aint using the right pedal enough!!!! 

Hang on a mo, just chucked my typical figures in (200miles and about 35L) and that comes back as 25. 98.

What?? noooooooooo im an old man :(

Hahahaha!! Bet that hit you in the baws hard XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandals said:

Hahahaha!! Bet that hit you in the baws hard XD

Haha yeah it did!

2 hours ago, Tidgy said:

25mpg? you boys aint using the right pedal enough!!!! 

Hang on a mo, just chucked my typical figures in (200miles and about 35L) and that comes back as 25. 98.

What?? noooooooooo im an old man :(

Mate, I think I'm only getting about 18 at the moment 😂

Jesus, just drove the Qashqai around the corner quickly as had to run a short little errand for my sister in law...so slow and the clutch was feather light 😂

2 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Haha yeah it did!

Mate, I think I'm only getting about 18 at the moment 😂

Jesus, just drove the Qashqai around the corner quickly as had to run a short little errand for my sister in law...so slow and the clutch was feather light 😂

Best way to make your car feel even faster... drive something slow for a few days then go back to your scoob!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sandals said:

My parents have a new Quashqui with the dinky 1.2l turbo. Still slow as balls... should've been a 2l! :D

Ugh, I had the 1.2L turbo Juke before. It was crap if I'm honest. Never hated a car as much, and I only got 29-32mpg max out of it and I drove it like a Nan...terrible around the doors for petrol.