Re maps

cbscooby

Hi guys looking for a bit of info. just replaced exhaust system for a cobra turbo back with sports cat. it's got sti top mount. was looking at getting it mapped with the exhaust change. the mechanic I use said he knows a place that is good with these. I asked if it's done on rolling road which it is but can't give print outs of power run. he said he uses evolution mapping. can anyone tell me what this is and is it any good.

Thanks 

As above, sounds very dodgy. Just google, its flash mapping. Stay well clear and find a new mechanic who knows what they are doing with scoobs if he's advising that.

Pet Herborn is based up at scoobyclinic at chesterfield. Mapped my car loads of times of the years for different mods, struggle to find a better mapper.

Got to be fair to my mechanic he has got my car running as it should. he did admit that he doesn't know much  about the mapping side of things and wouldn't know where to start. 

It's hard to find a decent mechanic nowadays.

3 hours ago, Tidgy said:

As above, sounds very dodgy. Just google, its flash mapping. Stay well clear and find a new mechanic who knows what they are doing with scoobs if he's advising that.

Pet Herborn is based up at scoobyclinic at chesterfield. Mapped my car loads of times of the years for different mods, struggle to find a better mapper.

Just out of interest how much do scooby clinic charge for re maps on average.

43 minutes ago, Rkidder said:

Speak to Duncan Graham at Race Dynamix he travels all over the UK great bloke who knows what he's doing. He's at roger Clarke in hinckley a lot so he's not to far from you.

@Piggysniffer had loads of issues with his car after he mapped it, then he was near enough impossible to get hold of... i would avoid him as well from other peoples experience!

It might be he rents the dyno from RCM on a per day basis?

Bob Rawle is someone to consider but he is busy so you may have to wait for / travel to a dyno session he is holding

11 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

I'm surprised RCM use him if he has a bad reputation

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

as jay says he just uses their dyno. But im amazed they will even let him do that tbh for the same reason. association can be bad as well as good

• Like 1

Had my car mapped by Duncan April 2015. Minor boost limit issue which was sorted within 2 weeks when he came to my house and not had any issues whatsoever. He is difficult to get hold of. Tuners are far too cliquey here.

Let's avoid another flame war though eh?

May have changed since my map. Can only quote facts from my own experience. Won't ever say my mate said this or forum said that. Either way you go about it be very careful andake sure your car is running tip top condition or else the map may uncover gremlins that were already there just now more obvious.

• Like 1

I had never heard of him before a couple weeks ago till one of my friends said he does a lot if not most of rcms remaps .. Which surprised me as I thought Matt did them . . He can't be that bad otherwise I doubt RCM would take that sort of risk. As for the communication issues he could just be really busy and may have all the best intentions and honestly not have enough time in the day .. I know that feeling all too well people chasing you for this that and the other when you have jobs booked in and stuff it can get very stressful and a bit much sometimes , . But not knowing the guy or any thing about him I really can't comment

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

The work Duncan did on my car was  very good although I didn't get a remap. I had an engine management light come on and it was down to  the secondary air pump, l got the pump changed then 18 months later it started playing up again so I got Duncan to take it out. It's been great ever since

• Like 1