New member in Rotherham (South Yorkshire)

DaveRAC

Hi n welcome to soc , nice looking wagon[emoji41]

Has it got brembos all round and a 6 speed box? As they're standard equipment on a newage sti .

Although the only real way to know if it's a genuine sti is by checking the "model code" on the silver I.D plaque [emoji6]

Yeah give the gggf8kd number a google to find out what it was when it left the factory.

Log books don't always have the right info ,as a mate of mine had sport on the log book of his jdm wrx import

Afaik The brembos and 6 speed are standard equipment on bug onwards sti's

3 hours ago, DaveRAC said:

Strange thought it was as v5 says it is 

Been registered wrong, DVLA wouldn't know so just put it is an typed/written on the form when it was imported..

The last estate sti was a bug, and that was watered down with no brembos etc, blob, hawk, hatch and the new saloon  only came in sti in the saloon/hatch variety.

• Like 1

Didn't know they stopped making them tbh but I did know the dvla get it wrong sometimes lol .

I tried the usual sites to find your "applied model code " and I can't seem to find it . If you search a bit longer it might crop up somewhere on the net .

If it's got leather seats it might be a "se" (I think that's what there called ) which is a wrx with different trim .

Try to find out if it's a mistake by the dvla as if it's a wrx it will affect value and might lower insurance costs

yeah the last were 2001, but for some reason they toned them down. I can tell you 100% its not an STI so you wont ever find an applied model code, will come back as a wrx.

Won't be an SE either cos no sunroof (unless you cant see it in the pic, its only from side on), SE was added sunroof and leather seats, was the only difference. It's also a uk or euro import car, can tell cos of the vin code, jap vin codes are just 3 digits and 6 numbers, not the full 16 digit eurocode ones

There was a guy claiming he had a 22b a while back, a 4 door one :S lol turned out it was just registered wrong with the DVLA..

just for example,

Euro

3746182046_b53db8a9ec.jpg

vs japanese

30.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

There was a mint bug sti wagon at attowes last time I was there , he did say it was rare but I didn't know why emoji41.png

At least that explains why I couldn't find it listed emoji106.png

Yeah, I'm not sure how many were actualy made, but it wasnt many. The lmited spec was always gonna hurt sales. 300bhp on 4 pot brakes,,,,, eek hahaha

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/887658-anyone-know-the-difference-between-sti-bugeye-wagon-and-saloon.html

bit more info in there but can't pin any proper list down at the min