600bhp What does it take?

cornish6544

With how light your car is - 350 to 400 will be enough for what you describe you can use newage parts and not kill your bank account. If you intend doing a track day, even with you current set up, ensure you have at least a sump baffle in place to stop any oil starvation under hard cornering

http://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/21-rcm-oil-sump-pan-baffle-plate

http://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/32-rcm-group-n-baffled-oil-sump-pan 

• Like 1

On 07/05/2017 at 8:20 AM, kershaw-330s said:

10k lol alan Jeffries engine tuner , will do a full build with closed Dec insert for 6k and they are one of the most highly regarded Subaru engine builders out there . or look on the roger Clarke site they have loads of different options on the all nowhere near that outrageous price I would maybe expect to pay that much with turbo intercooler headers and all ancillaries for 600hp not just the engine build that's a tad extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that 10k quote if for the engine back in the car and ready to drive home..............but i cant remember if it is for 300hp or 350hp.

16 hours ago, 80 is plenty said:
On 07/05/2017 at 8:20 AM, kershaw-330s said:
10k lol alan Jeffries engine tuner , will do a full build with closed Dec insert for 6k and they are one of the most highly regarded Subaru engine builders out there . or look on the roger Clarke site they have loads of different options on the all nowhere near that outrageous price I would maybe expect to pay that much with turbo intercooler headers and all ancillaries for 600hp not just the engine build that's a tad extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that 10k quote if for the engine back in the car and ready to drive home..............but i cant remember if it is for 300hp or 350hp.

Yes the starting price from engines tuner is car in and out but them , it was when I got mine done 5.5k for pistons ,rods , bearings , oil pump , water pump and all new gaskets and seals, head studs etc , then its £500 extra for the closed deck inserts, the quality of their work is top notch , they even re galvanised every bolt in the engine and cleaned and painted the block ba6221939e87efaacc7a3f66feed22ea.jpgba6221939e87efaacc7a3f66feed22ea.jpg

8e05b3b2d0e9305a8f5f0eb5901a6d62.jpg

45c7555aa336dd40e80fd5030db97d04.jpg

but that's just the engine build drive in drive out if you need a turbo injectors etc that will be more but I would definitely say that's a bit much

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Where ever you go make sure you check exactly what is and isn't included in the quotes so you don't end up with a nasty surprise and are comparing like for like.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-5-7 at 1:52 PM, cornish6544 said:

After reading through what people are saying it does sound like a unnecessary amount of power for a road car. What would you guys recommend is a good amount of power for a road set up. I will take it on the track now and again and i am planning a trip to the nurburgring its always going to be my daily driver.

I just think it would be a waste to have the engine taken out and built to standard i may aswell go for more power while its out. I know to achieve the power i would need bigger injectors and turbo but this could all be done in the future I'm just thinking build the engine first.

hi Guys

that 10k quote for the Scoobyclinic closed deck engine,  i've got a feeling that when you get this you're still at 300hp.............it'll only be 600hp after you've bought everything else, i forgot to ask him sorry !!!! i dont think you even get the stage 2...........360hp either.

i can ring him tomorrow.

2 hours ago, 80 is plenty said:

hi Guys

that 10k quote for the Scoobyclinic closed deck engine,  i've got a feeling that when you get this you're still at 300hp.............it'll only be 600hp after you've bought everything else, i forgot to ask him sorry !!!! i dont think you even get the stage 2...........360hp either.

i can ring him tomorrow.

will be main engine build i expect.

• 2 months later...

sorry this post is very late, but it might be of interest to Hampshire members :-

http://www.tritonmotorsport.com/showpage.php?id=index_cont

this garage is close to me, he'll rebuild the 2015 WRX STI to 400bhp for less than 5k, including Remap.................this includes a total bottom end rebuild, i.e new main bearings etc............... the top end will need new pistons/ con rods etc.

he said roughly what i said `` if you want 400hp dont bother buying a new car, but one with around 10-15k miles on it, because to be really safe the whole engine needs rebuilding.......................he was a nice bloke on the phone.

i quite like the 2012 WRX STI R340 and he said, ``it's the same as the 2015, it'll still need a rebuild``...........

this ``really safe engine query`` is sort of up to you....... you might be ok without an engine rebuild on a newish engine, you might not, there is no clear answer on this. 

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, LoveScoobys said:

WOW!:biggrin: Lots of power then, my Scooby only has the stock engine which produces about 262BHP, but has a Milltek Non Res Catback Exhaust it's loud. The 600BHP could be quicker than a Nismo Skyline GTR R34?

do you mean the new GTR?