What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

2 hours ago, Dug said:

They look good can one of you give me some info where i can order some from thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dug I'll PM you the details he can do any size t colour 

So a few people aren't sure on my green wheels but I've decided I like them!!

So naturally I'm putting more green on the car to start making it look a little more complete... So first off, tint film on the fog lights and then next will be doing the hoses and lines under the bonnet.

It's a GX so I'm not making it any faster, but I can at least make it my own!!

And for my birthday on Sunday I'm treating myself to a set of coilovers [emoji16]

f784768d57bf18ecd5f04391625adbbb.jpg

26db0a541d84cf6b518cbcd64128caf0.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

washed and clay mitted the missus astra :)

got the usual comments from neighbours "you will wash it away". Says the guy with the rusting toyota on the drive, who openly admitted he's never washed it in 17years.

• Like 1

bemused a neighbour by removing wheels to wash them - have also got to find out what is making the metallic scraping when I turn left from the offside front wheel area, sound goes away when I brake so assuming something to do with the caliper??

I had that exact same sound effect on my car, just after I changed the front two discs and pads, after doing endless circles in an empty carpark (cuz it was driving me nuts) I identified the sound coming from the near side brake disc guard, (probably the wrong term) which is the thin plate of metal just to the inside of the disc, I just bent it back slightly with just my hand and job done!

• Like 1

Dechromed the XV using Plasti Dip thanks to Dug. Also replaced the Subaru badges with the white ones I got earlier.

Very pleased with the result to be fair, only 2hrs work in the sunshine.

theres also a photo showing what it looked like in chrome.

10:1 the wife called me a chav at some point tonight after she sees it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dando1 said:

I had that exact same sound effect on my car, just after I changed the front two discs and pads, after doing endless circles in an empty carpark (cuz it was driving me nuts) I identified the sound coming from the near side brake disc guard, (probably the wrong term) which is the thin plate of metal just to the inside of the disc, I just bent it back slightly with just my hand and job done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was my thought but after a good look and pulling the caliper off there is a folded piece of metal on the base of the inner pad - this looks to be touching the disc - I believe this is the subaru low pad alert - am now investigating some replacements :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Dechromed the XV using Plasti Dip thanks to Dug. Also replaced the Subaru badges with the white ones I got earlier.

Very pleased with the result to be fair, only 2hrs work in the sunshine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those badges look great fella [emoji106]

Dechromed the XV using Plasti Dip thanks to Dug. Also replaced the Subaru badges with the white ones I got earlier. Very pleased with the result to be fair, only 2hrs work in the sunshine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those badges look great fella [emoji106]

Wife isn't so sure, she thinks they look chavvy, but agrees that I couldn't leave it the original blue with no chrome, so she's not sure what colours you could have instead.

Looking great [emoji4]

Told you it would be worth it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It looked crap with the blue badges though, especially after I'd dechromed them. They look alright on yours because you left the chrome surround. I figured if you're getting rid of the chrome, get rid of all of it! [emoji23]

On 22/05/2016 at 2:25 PM, tom_gr7 said:

washed and clay mitted the missus astra :)

got the usual comments from neighbours "you will wash it away". Says the guy with the rusting toyota on the drive, who openly admitted he's never washed it in 17years.

Reminds me of a bloke that used to come in to where I used to work. Looked like someone from emmerdale and you could smell odor about 20 ft away lol

Had the first (1 year) service at Archway Subaru in Findern, Derby. Smashing people and job done within 2 hours. Body check done, and known stone chips only mention, so will get booked in at Paint Chip Techniques in Mansfield. Oddly, the service book only gets stamped for the body check, not the service, and as it was free (paid by Subaru), I have no paperwork either. Will be electronically recorded by Subaru, but would help to sell with some stamps or paperwork. Not that I will sell it, it's a keeper!

Trouble is, there is nowhere for a service stamp. The service book has a couple of pages of service requirements, then goes straight to body check section. Loads of pages for body stamps, but none (other than PDI) for service stamps. Very odd. If I was paying for services, I would have the bills to staple into the book, but with the first three services free, I have nothing. I did not even have a contract with the dealer today, as they get paid by Subaru. I think I will give Subaru a call tomorrow, to see if they will give me something. As said, if I keep the car, no problem, but if I ever want to sell, I will have no records for the first three years - and who buys a car with no service history?