What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Sorry David didn't read all your post properly, the jacking points at sill edge are reinforced, have a look at where the scissor jack goes and it's just the other side of the lip,

Best thing I've found is use scissor jack at one corner at the front trolley jack on the diff then you can do one side in one go, drop the front and repeat on other side,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was hoping to avoid jacking the front or back end up as one - I'd read about those two points, but just wanted to do one quarter at a time. That's how I've seen my tyre fitter do it before so just assumed that was the way to go (one corner at a time)? He must be using something safe to do this I assume, but what do I know :blush:

If you jack the whole front or whole back up, do you need stands as well or will it be safe with just the jack having 2 wheels off the ground?

Sorry David didn't read all your post properly, the jacking points at sill edge are reinforced, have a look at where the scissor jack goes and it's just the other side of the lip,

Best thing I've found is use scissor jack at one corner at the front trolley jack on the diff then you can do one side in one go, drop the front and repeat on other side,

Thanks mate...sounds like a good plan. Sorry; I'd missed this extra post before my first reply [emoji15]

For the length of time it's in the air I've never had a problem I just chock the wheels if doing the whole front or back, I rotated mine on Monday, cracked bolts off did the scissor jack on corner trolley jack rear diff swapped one side wheels finger tightened nuts dropped repeated other side took about 5mins each side

On 26/04/2016 at 11:42 AM, david1972 said:

Trolley jack and torque wrench ordered today ready for my spare alloy wheel set which is due to arrive later today emoji2.png

Tyres apparently have plenty of life in them and are matching, so going to use straight away before binning them for winters later this year...will help to save my falkens emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man-tools have arrived - just need it to stop snowing and hailing now by the weekend lol

Today I have mostly been avoiding wheel trims! There were five in the road, between the M1 and Mansfield, and one flew off a car and whizzed past me, as he drove over a level crossing. Is it the weather making them fall off? Ruddy things can be lethal to tyres, as there is a lot of sharp metal on the back.

Thought I'd give a clay cloth a punt so I had a squint on their website. .....

got a bit carried away and ended up buying a kit for my machine polisher along with a few other bits [emoji39]

Mrs was well excited when a big parcel turned up on the morning of our anniversary. ......... stupid bird should have known by now if it's a box with my name on it . It's probably got something "scooby " inside [emoji23]

4b052b75402868f2dae349271757d8d8.jpg

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

Will hawkeye seats fit in an 02 impreza station wagon does anyone know?

Sould b same fittin for blob.bug.n hawk.i just got some hatchback seats for my blob.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

got a bit carried away and ended up buying a kit for my machine polisher along with a few other bits emoji39.png

Mrs was well excited when a big parcel turned up on the morning of our anniversary. ......... stupid bird should have known by now if it's a box with my name on it . It's probably got something "scooby " inside emoji23.png

I bought a clay cloth last year... only used it once but found it very easy to use! 

Yeah I only normally use a billet hamber clay bar twice a year .Once in the spring to clean it up before its first detail and once in the autumn before I seal it up for winter .

I'm on the scooby city stand at Duxford spring car show this Sunday. so I thought I'd give it a go before the first polish ,seal and wax of the year (due to poxy weather this year so far)

got a bit carried away and ended up buying a kit for my machine polisher along with a few other bits [emoji39]

Mrs was well excited when a big parcel turned up on the morning of our anniversary. ......... stupid bird should have known by now if it's a box with my name on it . It's probably got something "scooby " inside [emoji23]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it [emoji4]

I bought a clay cloth last year... only used it once but found it very easy to use! 

I tried a clay mitt...was alright actually and much quicker than using a clay bar

Sould b same fittin for blob.bug.n hawk.i just got some hatchback seats for my blob.

Cheers im selling a set of mine on eBay and just been asked the question, would that mean fronts and backs would fit?

Cheers im selling a set of mine on eBay and just been asked the question, would that mean fronts and backs would fit?

Back seat in the wagon folds down n has a metal back.back seat out saloon the back is soft so wouldnt have any support for it.

• Like 1

I decided to give mine a clean after the birds had used it for practicing bombing missions and I took it out for a little blast yesterday. I'm meant to be resting while signed off work, I thinks cleaning still counts as resting lol. Also changed the brake bulbs for the first time, turns out it's east peasy. !Removed! typical though its just started raining hmmmmm 

Must be a woman thing sav,

I left my cufflinks out in a box once on kitchen table she came home thought I'd bought her and engagement ring ! Where do they get these crazy notions 😲

• Like 1

Drove to work in the freezing cold what the he'll is that all about ?

Now waiting for my oil to arrive from oipe, Gonna squeeze in a cheeky change this afternoon

Drove to work in the freezing cold what the he'll is that all about ?

Now waiting for my oil to arrive from oipe, Gonna squeeze in a cheeky change this afternoon

Lashing down with snow here mate

We've had rain, hail, snow, more rain and thunderstorms... Think the world is going wrong somewhere.

Got my MOT next week, giving it to my brother to sort a few things out such as the headlights, mudflaps and exhaust gasket which I've blown to pieces.