What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I took my impreza for a drive to the hospital for an MRI scan. A nice 50 mile round trip. My dad come with me and told me on the way back I don't need to rush like on the way there.

I thought I was going slowly as well haha

• Like 2

lol

I went to B & Q for some stuff for the garden earlier. I had a play with an R1 on the way there, I pulled away from his mate (don't know what he was on) and then we went onto a dual carriageway, he came past me, he looked over, I gave him the thumbs up, he nodded and the pulled a wheelie and went off on his way

I put 200kg of stuff in the car (sand, cement, etc) and headed off home. An Octavia VRS wanted a play, oh go on then :D, he couldn't shake me off, then we went onto a dual carriage way and I passed him, I looked over, but he was just staring straight ahead and never looked over, loser :lol:

• Like 1

I sat in my diesel yesterday at a set of lights which went from Two lanes to one. A Citroen Saxo pulled up with 3 lads revving the engine. I assumed they were going to try to beat me across the lights. Unfortunately they forgot the golden rule; subaru don't make many slow cars, even the diesel ones.

I just pulled away whilst he sat there spinning and left him standing. He tried at 2 more sets of lights and after that just stayed behind me about 50yds back. Not sure why kids think because they've stuck on everything they can find in Halfords they think the car will be fast.

And where the hell do they learn this idea that wheelspin is cool and makes you go faster.

Unfortunately for them they made a huge deal about the fact they were going to blow me at the lights. You should never count you chickens too early

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sounds like you have all been having a pretty wicked time yesterday! I was stuck in work then when I got back the car went straight in the garage for some tinkering.... Toms suspension donation had arrived and some other stuff needed to be done. So Will set up a little project thread :)

• Like 2

Washed the car and then went through 2 of the brass brushes you get in dremel kits, cleaning the carbon off the inside of the exhaust pipes. Only got halfway through one side, still got the other to go. Going to need about six of them :lol:

m9lrsVk4aa3BFh_DGPJ8LuQ.jpg

• Like 1

Washed, waxed, cleaned windows, interior. Cleaned and waxed wheels. Tyre gelled the tyres. All on 2 XV's, wife's dark grey one took the most time as you have to be perfect, you can be a little less careful with a white one. All this followed by a stiff back and achy arms.

Off for a couple of beers (or 6) now as just found a load of Becks Vier cans in the fridge.

Mmmmmmmm beer

• Like 2

Assessed the damage some doughnut did when trying to park! Luckily it isn't too bad, rubbed some of his bumper on the fog cover which left a couple of black marks (taken paint off so can't just remove and polish up unfortunately) and smudged the STi logo! Damn fool!!! 2nd time someone's hit it trying to park since I got it. Last time they just nudged the front and cracked the licence plate - admitted to it and gave me the money to buy another + some for the trouble. Why can't people parallel park!? There was enough room in front of my car to park my !Removed! van in too. How the hell they managed to rub it with a !Removed! hatchback with that much space I'll never know.

Can't be too angry as I was already planning a front respray in the future since it already has quite a few stone chips and scrapes at the bottom from extreme hill to flat road changes. Still !Removed! though!

Anyway, thinking I might get some Halfords touch up paint just to take the edge off. Anyone used it before (blue)? Or know where I can get some good quality touch up stuff? I'm not expecting it to be brilliant, like I say just want to take some of the edge off so it's not quite as noticeable. Might cover a few stonechips while I'm at it until I'm in a position to respray too.

If it's gone through the colour then you'll need to build it up and use 2 or 3000 grit paper to blend then use a clear coat to completely fill the scratch. If it's just the lacquer that's easier. Plenty of info on YouTube. Coloured scratch paste works quite well on light scratches. I've used Halfords paint pens before they're pretty good, get one with the needle as it's easier to place the paint precisely. Good luck

• Like 1

Cheers will give the needle a go.

Do you know if the STi logo is just a sticker? If it is might be easier to remove by sounds of it if I decide to start sanding and applying lacquer. It feels a bit more substantial that normal stickers though.

Can't answer that not having an Impreza and certainly not an STi. You can work around it by getting a pencil with a rubber on, must be a new one. Use a hole punch on some fine grit cloth and superglue it to the rubber, makes for a handy little sander that you can use in tight places. Also good for stone chips