What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

majik it's by no means show standard just a hobby that keeps me out of the pub at weekends .

being a 21yr old car it's got it's fair share of carpark scars and it's a daily, so normally full of sweet wrappers/mud .

It wasn't to hard to flip the inlet as a lot of v1 to v4 components are compatible .

It's a v1 running a v3 tps, v3 icv and throttle body

I simplified the vac /intake pipework buy deleting the fuel vapor lines , purge valve and charcoal cannister .

If you fit Parallel braided fuel lines and billet rails you normally remove those anyway [emoji6]

And stickerbombed my fuse box.  I'll see how it lasts for a couple of weeks, then I might do the alternator cover and air snorkel.

post-3219-0-92741300-1424542529_thumb.jp

Can the silicone hoses be used for the coolant lines aswell (the thin hoses from the radiator to the overflow bottle etc) or do I need better quality hoses for these?

• Like 1

And stickerbombed my fuse box. I'll see how it lasts for a couple of weeks, then I might do the alternator cover and air snorkel.

attachicon.gifFusebox.jpg

Can the silicone hoses be used for the coolant lines aswell (the thin hoses from the radiator to the overflow bottle etc) or do I need better quality hoses for these?

most silicone hoses come in 2 grades solid rubber walled for vacuum lines and mesh reinforced for coolant and boost.

although some companies offer another grade for oil and petrol, if it's just a simple straight length or single bend have a look on the

Auto Silicone Hoses website (dam site cheaper than samco)

Not today but on Wednesday I had my up-pipe heat wrapped. Had the heat shield removed a few months ago and due to the location of the up pipe (close to cylinder 3) decided it was best not to leave it kicking all it's heat out onto the engine and in the engine bay. Looked one hell of a job to get to, thank god I got SSS to do it for me. Found my downpipe had no gasket between it and the turbo too. Thought it sounded a tiny bit "blowy" at low revs. Turns out it was this. Also feels slightly sharper now too. Win, win :)

Today I've just dropped it off to get my rear arch sorted. Hope the result is good, I know the paint isn't easy to match on these especially at almost 12 years old.... Fingers crossed. Still, better than letting the rust spread.

• Like 2

Sold my front seats out of the foz

Hmmm how's that gonna work out on Mondays commute to work ?

Cos unless you've got arms as long as a orangutan and a pair of Mrs stants heels on ....

surely you won't be able to reach the peddles and steering wheel while sitting in the back [emoji23]