What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

What oil and filter do people recommend? Need to have an oil change soon after my rebuild is ran in.

Was looking at some Shell helx or some castrol edge not a lot in price difference so want to make sure I can the best stuff I can.

Also are after market filters any better than stock subaru ones?

--

I make Films and Website for people

Anyone else noticed Subaru's are going up in price? Looking around to see if I could perhaps swap to a different one, sell both of my cars and get a lovely newer shape. Not a chance at the moment :P haha.

Going to have to think what I want to do, keep mine forever and ever. Store it in a barn or something lol. Get a cheaper one to thrash about in or something. Other option is use this one to thrash about in, mint up a different one and store that? Got quite a bond with the bug now so don't really want to move on. Which is what has happened with you Gambit?

Hks pink filter and 10w40 magnatec oil

Thank you that was my original thoughts but wasn't sure. I think I am recommended by the Opie oil thing to use 5w-30 though.

--

Thank you that was my original thoughts but wasn't sure. I think I am recommended by the opie oil thing to use 5w-30 though.

--

Yes the 2008 on recommend 5W 30.

I personally got a genuine filter from Subaru and oil from Halfords as I have a trade card. I figured seeing as I'm changing oil every 3,750 miles it would be fine.

Anyone else noticed Subaru's are going up in price? Looking around to see if I could perhaps swap to a different one, sell both of my cars and get a lovely newer shape. Not a chance at the moment :P haha.

Appreciating classics [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Checked all bulbs ahead of mot next weekend last night...all ok [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit worried about some intermittent clunking from the front wheels when applying lock....bushes on the way out or something like that?....guess that would be a fail? [emoji20]

Bit worried about some intermittent clunking from the front wheels when applying lock....bushes on the way out or something like that?....guess that would be a fail? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was clunking on the front, stopped with new drop links n d bushes. I dunno if my clunking was the same as yours though mate.

Always nice when you forget you have ordered some goodies ;).

I got offered money for my Subaru today, I didn't accept but it got me thinking. I'm after a show worthy car and I think to get that out of my current one it will require a lot of money and work. So perhaps selling and getting a good base model is a good idea?

Now to hide them from the missus!!!

I would go for your idea and set a budget (then double it haha) I would love to show mine but need to invest in a paint job and wheel refurb.

Did you get a reasonable offer?

He asked what I want, I said I wasn't sure then he offered £3,500 for it. I'd still have a fair few parts to either sell or keep for the new car as well. Tough choice really, I've been saving to move out for a while now so have quite a bit of extra cash laying around...

Oh and your blob is lovely, surprised it's not a show car already ;)

• Like 1

He asked what I want, I said I wasn't sure then he offered £3,500 for it. I'd still have a fair few parts to either sell or keep for the new car as well. Tough choice really, I've been saving to move out for a while now so have quite a bit of extra cash laying around...

Oh and your blob is lovely, surprised it's not a show car already ;)

Sounds a decent price, especially as you know it's met a hedge [emoji14]

Its always fun to have a bit of work to do on a car. Mind you I started out as just fit the horns. And now I'm looking at paint and brakes and changing to waterless coolant once all silicon pipes changed

Just fitted one of the goodies from.today :)

post-3672-143446370739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Haha no mate, the are on a list but not this one yet ! I'll see how easy the calipers and carriers come off and if it's a pig I'll reward myself [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Had my car serviced for the first time since owning her!

Nothing major to report, front discs are around 60% worn and the rear anti roll bar and bushes had a little play, so just wear and tear really! I should be able to change these parts myself :D