What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Not sure, I wanted them all the same but can't get the oil temp one I want so may go for a pair of stack ones and my existing multi boost o/p I'm already pooing myself at the little info I've got [emoji52]

Seems a bit steep is that a proper body shop or a 'chips away' place ?

Colin, it will slowly drop to .9 then I need to blip the throttle to stop it cutting out,

was the local body shop near me, might get a quote from chipsaway if they can be recommended 

I'd have a word my dad's just had some car park dings and a scuff on the rear bumper done for 150 and it's a good job, I know they are franchises but I'm sure they must have the same training,

I only paid 300 for a new sill & part arch +paint on my old mazda. Maybe they didn't want the work archnd quoted so much, is your colour hard to match ?

I'd have a word my dad's just had some car park dings and a scuff on the rear bumper done for 150 and it's a good job, I know they are franchises but I'm sure they must have the same training,

I only paid 300 for a new sill & part arch +paint on my old mazda. Maybe they didn't want the work archnd quoted so much, is your colour hard to match ?

i was thinking they maybe didnt want the work, just the o2c blue

Pooped myself again when the oil pressure dropped to 0.9 then 0 bar.

Shows pressure when on the move But not at idle so new sender & t peice on the way along with some more goodies to relocate stuff

• Like 1

New op sender and water temp sender adaptor. I'm pretty much stuck now till they arrive as I could remove the existing t peice and pop in the oil temp but no point taking most of it apart twice,

Off to buy a new soildering iron haha

• Like 1

If you can afford it go for it, cos it's definitely been my favourite mod shorter gears equal more gear changes [emoji53]

But less lag when rolling [emoji4]

Mine is a sti UK Box and has a longer ratio but tbh I think it's only 5th and 6th are longer and I do 700 rpm less @70mph in 6th than i did in a uk 5th

The only difference of inner front drive shafts on turbo imprezas is in late 04 when they change from female to male but you can buy a stub axle conversion kit to make them fit .

So you'd use your scoobs front drive shafts with the 6 speed .

If your scoob has the same ratio as the box your buying you can keep the scoobs rear diff in situ and just use the 6 speeds prop,cradle,gear knob to fit the 6 speed

If the 6 speed gearbox and your diff ratios don't match you'll have to find your diff type and the donor diff type (either r160 or R180 )

As i think if your diff is a R160 and the donor diff is a R180 it's shafts and your hubs, discs ,brakes,shafts won't be compatible (easier to fit a R160 diff the same ratio as the 6 speed)

• Like 1

Cheers Savage, good information :). I've been thinking hard about it, my front shafts will fit. Also the kits comes with everything else so I don't need to worry about my diff, shafts or hubs on the rear :). Only concern is my hubs have group N wheel studs on them which are a different thread size to normal subarus. So I would need to swap the studs over which is a big job I think. My brother didn't seem too keen anyway ;)

I've only been able to look at it sat feeling sorry for itself.

However, the heads are finally going off to the machine shop today- turns out they've been sat at the garage waiting for somebody to take them.

The parallel fuel rail set up idea on moving forward- I've decided I'm going to get a Nuke FPR but at £250 it'll have to wait a few more weeks. I'm also considering a swirl pot- not 100% necessary but it's a nice addition.

I've been off work ill after a long weekend away, which has also given me (dangerously) time to also have a nose at a 6-speed conversion. I'm sort of hoping someone can talk me out of it? Please.

Well over a took a Royal mail Van with a BMW720 up my !Removed! so proceeded to overtake leaving it by some distance the BMW I mean,  so let off the accelerator  to slow back to legal speed. I watched after short time arrive for him still tanking it to sit on my !Removed! once more. Now with the rev limiter in the car ( the Missus ) And my youngest felt I shouldn't do anything so the next chance the small pricked man got the chance over took me so felt the need to give him the bird as he went past :) Not arrogant just better ;) My wait is now on until I see it again :D

• Like 3

Been to Preston and back on train today with work...had a train to myself on way back between Preston and Carlisle as some lemming had thrown themselves on the track south of Preston

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers Savage, good information :). I've been thinking hard about it, my front shafts will fit. Also the kits comes with everything else so I don't need to worry about my diff, shafts or hubs on the rear :). Only concern is my hubs have group N wheel studs on them which are a different thread size to normal subarus. So I would need to swap the studs over which is a big job I think. My brother didn't seem too keen anyway ;)

No problem bud [emoji106]

do you know what diff ratio and type is on your scoob ?

And what's the year ,ratio of the 6 speed ?

im not a 100% but i think if you change from r160 to r180 set ups on the rear ,the inner rear cv or drive shaft length differs due to the bigger (stronger) r180 diff ,if so you'd need ....

Diff

shafts

Hubs (5x100 pcd)

Rear discs

Handbrake shoes

And possibly calipers ( 2 pot rear brembos )

If the ratios are the same you'd just need 6 speed......

Box

Cradle

Gearknob and linkage

Prop shaft

The speed sensor

Clutch /fly /slave

Starter

Front drive shafts

Ect

Can all be used from the 5 speed set up [emoji6]

• Like 1

im not a 100% but i think if you change from r160 to r180 set ups on the rear ,the inner rear cv or drive shaft length differs due to the bigger (stronger) r180 diff ,if so you'd need ....

Diff

shafts

Hubs (5x100 pcd)

Rear discs

Handbrake shoes

And possibly calipers ( 2 pot rear brembos )

If the ratios are the same you'd just need 6 speed......

Box

Cradle

Gearknob and linkage

Prop shaft

The speed sensor

Clutch /fly /slave

Starter

Front drive shafts

Ect

Can all be used from the 5 speed set up [emoji6]

God I love it when you talk dirty  :wub: Fap fap fap

• Like 1

Gambit I'll chuck up a link to some subaru manuals if you need some

"alone time" [emoji15]

I would send you a hard copy but I think you'd only get the pages stuck together[emoji4]

Another bit of multi tasking completed by me this evening [emoji41]

Bought another 3" cat back and upset the wife at the same time [emoji12]

• Like 1

Moved boost/op from left side of dash to centre last night, powered all up and stopped working, so came to work early re soldered everything now works,

Awaiting an npt threaded galley plug to attach oil temp to, now just need to find out what the hell this means perm live or just ign live & negative ?

3a33e39a86bff7ffe91fbfb904f86a21.jpg

Unlike you impreza chaps I don't have a clock on the dash to take power from so I wnat to get it right as I'm about to hack into the demister button or hazards [emoji50]

I think I'm just getting the box reconditioned now, time has fallen short the scoob needs to go in for work asap as I can't drive it. The list of jobs are:

Brake master cylinder (I lose my pedal if it's not pressed for a while and if you hold it down it slowly sinks)

Long travel on handbrake (easy fix but may as well add it)

At 60mph there is a howling that gets worse when turning right (sounds like wheel bearing to me)

Diff is whining it's knockers off all the time

So really it's driving a bit rubbish :(. If the bill isn't so bad I will get the handling kit from CDF racing, Roll bars, drop links and ALK ;). That's the Subarus treat for being brave in hospital lol.

Moved boost/op from left side of dash to centre last night, powered all up and stopped working, so came to work early re soldered everything now works,

Awaiting an npt threaded galley plug to attach oil temp to, now just need to find out what the hell this means perm live or just ign live & negative ?

3a33e39a86bff7ffe91fbfb904f86a21.jpg

Unlike you impreza chaps I don't have a clock on the dash to take power from so I wnat to get it right as I'm about to hack into the demister button or hazards [emoji50]

Do they change colour for when the lights come on and off ?

I think I'm just getting the box reconditioned now, time has fallen short the scoob needs to go in for work asap as I can't drive it. The list of jobs are:

Brake master cylinder (I lose my pedal if it's not pressed for a while and if you hold it down it slowly sinks)

Long travel on handbrake (easy fix but may as well add it)

At 60mph there is a howling that gets worse when turning right (sounds like wheel bearing to me)

Diff is whining it's knockers off all the time

So really it's driving a bit rubbish :(. If the bill isn't so bad I will get the handling kit from CDF racing, Roll bars, drop links and ALK ;). That's the Subarus treat for being brave in hospital lol.

Ouch nice list :( Not to worry you though the hub might be chewing the bearings up :( I did get a 2nd hand one that's worked great though off a jap import breaker not even had to swap the bearing had it on about 2 years now.

Do they change colour for when the lights come on and off ?

That's the orange white /wire I'm just gonna have them one colour all the time as I don't have any orange dials in car anwyay

• Like 1