What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Run car to hull a couple if days ago on Shell Diesel Nitro, mpg went from 57 to 62ish, also noted additional low end torque and smoother acceleration so looks like it's well worth the extra 7p per litre for the XV. With the extra cleaning and engine protection will probably be a good decision. Overall it's not cheaper per 100miles, but looks about break even compared with standard diesel.

Yep, Shell do Nitro+ now. It is definitely better diesel, but I'm currently testing whether worth the extra pennies, so far it looks like it is. I also get the feeling you can't run the new Euro5 engine on veggie oil, I think it'd due in a week, they don't even recommend using supermarket fuel

haven't taken any yet :(

it's loads shinier than it was, but when it's polished it just makes all the parking dent's (previous owner) more obvious :(

I saw pix of the water sprayer while it was still fitted to the last car, it just looked like a small container (like the washer bottle) that sit's in the little gap. when It was delivered OMG I can't believe how big it is. had to takes the strut brace, intercooler and a few other bits off and it was still a wrestle to get it in the gap. it's well designed to fit around all the air con pipes and other bits, still can't believe it fitted in

Agreed, I'm actually switching to nitro to use the cleanest highest grade fuel possible to protect the engine

same for me with my previous diesels and included 300ml per full tank 2 stroke oil (cheapest you can buy)

Refitted my Pionneer sat nav head unit after collecting it from repair yesterday, £300 lighter.

Fitted the new iphone 5 connector and guess what..... Doesn't work!

Pretty !Removed! off with this as I had to spend another £80 for all the I-phone 5 connector bits.

Pioneer will be getting a !Removed! phone call from me tomorrow.

Pete,

Have you done the update from the pioneer website which lets you use the iphone5?? I haven't bothered as am using my old 4 but gather there is something you have to download to a memory stick?

Might help before you Shell out more cash?

Cheers

Alan

Pete,

Have you done the update from the pioneer website which lets you use the iphone5?? I haven't bothered as am using my old 4 but gather there is something you have to download to a memory stick?

Might help before you shell out more cash?

Cheers

Alan

Pretty sure the guy said he would update the firmware. I'll have to get the laptop out and do it myself just to make sure.

Result is they will have the car for a few days to do an engine flush that takes a couple if hours, they're still saying it's just an engine flush. The other forester with similar problem was properly coked up, apparently even below the piston rings, which in my mind suggests that the piston rings couldn't be sealing if exhaust gasses are coking up below the rings. Me smelling a rat now[emoji15]