What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Best one is, they say it just needs a flush but they've identified carbon build up in the forester behind the piston rings. Now I'm now expert but I thought the only way that could happen is if the piston rings weren't sealing, which would lead to loss of power, loss of compression and inefficient fuel burn which would lead to coking up? Or maybe I'm just being too suspicious?

if the piston rings aren't sealing engine oil comes through and also being partly burned causing a build up of carbon and piston rings getting stuck on the pistons. may be there is a factory error with the piston rings being used causing this?

or, and now i'm getting into conspiracy theory ala "Alex Jones noise", they used Toyota piston rings?  ;)

Gutted to hear about the troubles Dogconker, I don't know about engines but have you considered having Martin and Dave at Sheffield Subaru have a look at it for a second opinion? They've been spot on every time I've been there. Or would that invalidate your warranty with Subaru?

Would probably invalidate warranty. Been in there today to have it out with dealers. They're insistent that it's just carbon deposits and that an engine flush will sort it out and they're doing that tomorrow. Fingers crossed, for their sake!

A couple of goodies arrived in the post today:

Meguairs gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner

Pair of Osram Nighbreaker Unlimited Headlight bulbs

£20 all in......bargain!  :D

• Like 1

A couple of goodies arrived in the post today:

Meguairs gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner

Pair of Osram Nighbreaker Unlimited Headlight Bulbs

£20 all in......bargain!  :D

Let me know if the leather cleaner works on our cream leather, mine could do with a freshen up.

;)

Driving to work this morning a pigeon tried to commit suicide :( . It all happened so fast so there was nothing I could do about it!

post-2084-0-62583500-1408089237_thumb.jp

There is a mark on the windscreen as well. I couldn't stop to make sure it was okay because I was late for work, I will have a look on the way home. It may have only had a little bump as it was at a lowish speed.

Pigeons generally not as hard as cars, you'd be pretty unlucky to damage a car hitting a pigeon, we hit one in our crv on the leading edge of the bonnet at about 70mph, the pigeon ( unfortunately for it) sort if exploded, no damage just a difficult clean up job. It's the waxy substance on the wings that's the problem to get off.

Unfortunately pigeon will often die even with a small bump through shock, sorry.

I did hit one in my XV and it did start to fly afterwards and I though it was going to be ok but the truck behind hit it and I think that was that. When your numbers up I guess [emoji19]

• Like 1

Anyway, wife's XV saga seems to have reached its end finally, picked the car up this morning. Dealer said they'd just flushed the engine out to decoke it and it'll be fine now, oh and they've replaced the glow plugs, didn't clock this at the time but if it's just a bit of come build up, why did they replace £700 of glow plugs? Curious? Anyway car now drives fine, in fact it drives better now than at any time since we drive it off the forecourt which suggests to me that faulty glow plugs have caused the whole problem with coking and power loss, shuddering etc. They're now saying the issue with the other forester was a different issue. But they're pretty cagey about disclosing what the cause was with either car.

That story is like a rollercoaster of emotions, sad that you hit the pigeon, happy it flew away then sad it was hit by the truck lol. Yeah I'm going to give the car a good clean this weekend to wash the blood off my hands :P

Anyway, wife's XV saga seems to have reached its end finally, picked the car up this morning. Dealer said they'd just flushed the engine out to decoke it and it'll be fine now, oh and they've replaced the glow plugs, didn't clock this at the time but if it's just a bit of come build up, why did they replace £700 of glow plugs? Curious? Anyway car now drives fine, in fact it drives better now than at any time since we drive it off the forecourt which suggests to me that faulty glow plugs have caused the whole problem with coking and power loss, shuddering etc. They're now saying the issue with the other forester was a different issue. But they're pretty cagey about disclosing what the cause was with either car.

Did you get a detailed job sheet invoice mate?

It is good, but it should never have been that much of a fight, I have no issue with there being a fault in the car. I just need to know that the dealer knows what it is and that it can, and will be sorted. Cars are complex they go wrong, not a problem. If they'd have come back and said there's a know fault with some of the glow plugs, we'll put some new ones in and it'll be fine. I'd have just been like, very good crack on.

My brother is having loads of trouble with a Land Rover TD4 that he has in, when warm it doesn't start well at all. Will crank for a minute before starting. He's had it plugged in and no codes... changed everything he can think of yet it still does it! Driving him nuts lol.

Glad you got it sorted, it's rubbish when things aren't going right with cars and then you have no idea what's going on.

Sat waiting for dpd to deliver my suspension goodies to an address thats doesn't exist. Company took my postcode down wrong. Hoprfulky couriers will have realised as they come her all the time.

Fingers crossed or thats all my weekend activities down the swanny

It is good, but it should never have been that much of a fight, I have no issue with there being a fault in the car. I just need to know that the dealer knows what it is and that it can, and will be sorted. Cars are complex they go wrong, not a problem. If they'd have come back and said there's a know fault with some of the glow plugs, we'll put some new ones in and it'll be fine. I'd have just been like, very good crack on.

Problem is they'll not be able to admit to known faults unless the public pressure is big enough due to the money and bad publicity it will cost them. It's better for them to try an hide it.

And in this day and age with compo, claims etc being as it is companies will do everything they can to not admit fault.

It's like that at my place. Is something goes wrong on a job even if I know it's out company that's caused it, it could basically cost me my job to do so. It's !Removed! **** but unfortunately it's how business is these days.

Having a look at a rust free v2 sti shell to get my stagnant project moving again [emoji41]

attachicon.gif10422918_727792440601932_7333383003012799435_n.jpeg

Hopefully it's as clean as it looks

Hmmm wtf is wrong with some people [emoji35]

Made a offer over the phone he agreed and sent me some pics .

Did a reg check and arranged my brv to drive it back , then the seller asks for £200 more than the original asking price

Wtf [emoji35] [emoji36]

Told him my original offer was the best I could do and glwts if it's not enough [emoji111]

Get a reply at 2am saying it's mine and he's got another motor lined up [emoji16]

Spent the whole morning playing text tennis with him still not giving me a postcode

[emoji16] [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji123]

Rant over lol

I've had this before, I went down the road of not paying any more than agreed, and every day from now that we don't agree a price and a pick up I'm going to drop my offer by £100, they're trying it on and they won't be willing for you not to pick it up. This method focuses the mind and they risk getting stuck with it. Stuck to your guns he's just being a nob.

Just watch he doesn't try the same trick once your on his doorstep with a trailer, I've had that before when I've driven 70miles with a trailer having agreed a price the day before and then when I've got there he's wanted another £500. I just got back in the car and said good luck, he backed down and said he'd stick to the agreed price, I told him the offer was now £500 less than we agreed else I'm going home and he can waste more time and money trying to sell it again, I got a bargain in the end [emoji4]

• Like 1

Picked up my touch up paint from dealer, got my immob code and confirmation my outback has had it's recall check done already [emoji106]

They have a new wrx outside for sale. Offered to drive it round the area for them to promote it for free if they're struggling to shift it....didn't take me up on the offer [emoji14]