Parts required please

weeksy

That is a good way of looking at it and like you say what comes around goes around, anyway keep us posted with the rebuild see if they will get some pics while they are at it as it would be interesting to see.

Sorry to hear that mate :( I guess it explains why he never listed the car here For Sale but I thought he was maybe just trying to bow out without making a fuss. And I agree I hate people that think it is ok to sell a car like that with known issues makes me mad  :angry: well lets hope karma returns the favour, mind you more likely just rip some other poor genuine buyer off  :angry:

But like you have said at least you have taken the steps to have it sorted and after it's done will have a car you know is working. 

And I can tell you now driving 1 hour will not blow the head gasket, and lets face it, it should have been warmed up before he boosted it on your test drive. 

• Like 1

So gates racing timing belt added to rebuild.

Yeah thanks Gambit hes aman with no morels.Im just very stressed and angry about the whole sorry saga...Im not going to chase him up about any of it now it will end badly other wise and if being a student of traditional Kung Fu for the last 10 years has taught me anything its...yes i can tear him apart but that does nothing for my soul.

Think i may report him to eBay as dishonest seller though.

Worth doing while it's out mate saves doing it at a later date. And I'm not surprised I would well I think anyone would be. And the choice is your's now mate what you do. But I'm also a strong believer what goes around comes around, even if I can think of a few people it seems to skip at the minute but will wait :D  

on top of head/possible piston damage ive been warned the bottom end will probably let go in a short while...

Does anyone have a opinion on this?

Starting to wonder if the Scoobies are just a money pit,i was hoping to own my dream car but it seems to be turning into a nitemare.Surely they cant be that fragile can they?

If the engine's out and if you have the funds i'd rebuild the bottom, they can also check for any damage that may have occured when the head went. Plus once you've don he lot if it's maintained right you could easily see another 100k on the engine

A lot of people say the bottom ends go after headgaskets or head damage , i know their not a "clearance" engine (the pistons can hit the valves)

scoobs are the same as any other second hand car , just more likely to be owned by people that like powerful motors .

there's plenty of 150k mls + scoobs running the original engine and box.

Unfortunately if services and mechanical sympathy are forgotten they will fail.

some people think you can hit the loud peddle without warming up or bolt mixture changing mods onto them without mapping

Absolutely No more cash to throw at it...loan to buy car now loan on top to pay to fix car started as a dream ended as a nitemare.

Car only had 91,000 on clock 80,000 in kms so dont know now.

As stated before they are reliable in general but some of the owners aren't, they drive without warming up, don't mod properly, or don't service when required. This unfortunately lands big bills as it would with any car. I have had a similar issue with lack of care although not on such a large scale, The last owner wasn't ideal and everything he touched has gone wrong because he didn't service it properly or look after it properly.

You have just got extremely unlucky by the sounds of it. Would a second hand engine be cheaper to just swap over? Although then you run the risk of not knowing the history I guess, but just a thought.

My brothers punto hg went (don't they all)

He'd used steel seal to try an fix but it was too far past it.so i had head skimmed and rebuilt top end, but because so much !Removed! had made its way into the botom end he blew that up about a week later.

So unless you tear the engine apart and clean all the oilways and give it a really good clean you can never be too sure. If something ends up in the hole that lubricates the bottom of the con rod bearing you've had it

Really sorry to hear you did end up with HG failure - Would be good to put some business this chaps way so if he would like to join the forum or have some contact details in a separate thread more than happy to make that happen

Yeah really knowledable bloke knows scoobs inside out.He is busy but if anyones interested in project build work msg me and i may be able to put you in contact with him.

Hes just rang confirmed head gasket failure on cylinder 1.Just taking my heads to be ground.