The Forester Turbo

Rick 2014

Mmm 75lbs/inch is very soft helper spring, that is about 1.5kg/mm

You want something like 4.5kg/mm or 5.0kg/mm front with around 3.75, 4.0kg/mm or 4.25kg/mm on rears.

Do you know what rating current springs are !?

Before fitting you need mark strut full droop & mark rod for full compression then when fitting & setting ride height you can see how far off the bump stop you are as if not enough compression travel left you will be on the bump stop once carry passengers/load.

rough chart guide below on kg to lbs

kg/mm to lbs/in

----------------------

8.0 = 448

7.5 = 420

7.0 = 392

6.5 = 364

6.0 = 336

5.5 = 308

5.0 = 280

4.5 = 252

4.0 = 224

3.0 = 168

2.0 = 112

Hi Paul ive had a chance to look at my springs and when the strut is fully compressed and the spring seat is screwed all the way down im looking at just over 9 1/2 inches and when fully stretched im looking at just over 12 1/2inches bare in mind I don't have the rest of the best sat on the strut lol

so the strut rod only has 3" of travel from full droop to full compression :-O

With struts like that it next to impossible to set rod to a central point of travel & ride hight as want as both adjustment come from spring perch.

set central they only have 1.5" of bump compression, dumped low the rod could be 1/4 to 1/2" off bottoming out of travel.

From my experience of coilovers, types with 3" travel & single adjustment are next to useless for proper setup .

problem you have with softer longer springs is they will like a strut with more stroke range & also want bottom platform adjustable to set height while spring platform used for setting rod position/pre-load & corner weights.

Going be big gamble playing with springs I think ...

probably best idea.

I would look at sti inverted struts & wagon springs then get springcoil make custom springs using wagon springs as reference for changes (height/spring rate)

I get few cars in with cheap coilovers & most owners end up changing as the cheap coilover range is all same junk with different branding. Bilstien, Ohlins, Proflex is the real stuff with one strut about same price as whole set of the taiwan tat ...

I have done Bilstien inverted inserts in nissan struts & with good springs & setup they make your normal low cost coilovers look like the junk they are on road or track.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a triple gauge boost holder carnt wait for it to arrive now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271316732829?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also the Td05 is still pulling well I think it has to be the best mode ive done yet.Im only doing 0.5 bar at the minute and it pulls miles better than the Td04

• 1 month later...

Did you have any jot with the brake conversion mate ?

I've been told if you get the newage 2pots with the 'subaru stickers' as opposed to the embossed subaru on the caliper they'll clear standard rims, (couldn't remember what wheels you have on at the moment)

No not yet Adam im still unsure on what calipers to go for.All I no is all this extra boost is no good  with my std brakes.The Forester is like a Fu*king missile and im not even on a bar of boost either

Did you go back for the 2nd map day ? I know what you mean mine goes like a stabbed rat but didn't make what I expected to

No not yet ive not had the chance.Ive had my fueling checked with the Td05 and its fine.Im running 0.7 bar at the minute.I made a lot of bhp from just bolt on mods running factory boost.My forester came with 170 odd bhp from factory and everything has been a bolt on mod and checked and ran at high speed on a roller.I have to be in the 270 bhp area because of the way it perfroms but this is only a guess though.Ive had many quick cars before and nothing ive had was this quick to the point I had to worry about my brakes working lol.Im gonna up boost to a bar when the brakes are changed and leave it there.Mickey off Scooby net has more or less same bolt on parts with a Td05 and is getting 330bhp at a smidge over a 1 bar of boost.

I'd be more worried about your license [emoji52] mine with an td04 380's and sports cat only made as much as a wrx ? When it was supposed to have come out of Japan with 237bhp Been told the rollers used may be on the low side, so next time there's a rr day I may see what she makes then.

• 2 weeks later...