JapShow Finale Sunday 12th October 2014

Gambit

Well as far as I can tell its !Removed! now I can see you can still get tickets but cost more you print them at home. But I think this is for extra tickets not to book a club stand. :'( I've emailed Steve already to let him know whats going on and to return money ive just saidvto stants and Steve about trying to look at getting next years up asap with payment form's but to make it more easier for people to understand with a cut off date to try avoid disappointment like this next year at any event. I might have a word with boozydave about becoming the event organiser and work along side me and Steve. But not sure how it will work yet just early thoughts I will calm down a bit before I do anything for a bit. Just bit gutted. [emoji20]

Gutted! I'll still be going that's for sure and will be camping the weekend as long as others still are.

I do think getting the payment form up earlier if possible would help for the next event we try to sort.

The biggest problem was getting the ten sign ups 1st not sure if the weather has put people off with the time of the year. But took that long to sort the people going. Didnt leave much time for the payment to be going. But this is all something I think we need to look at sorting out. My phonrs nearly dead ive been refreshing this page that much today. Plus I'd been arranging stuff like everyone else what I was taking my missus has been texting me most of the day checking up on the situation. I think even she was looking forward to it.

Trouble is the only person who has a ticket is ash.

So now all tickets will be more as we missed tonights earlybird gonna have to Shell out for antoher ticket and wait for original ticket money to come back.

Can tickets be picked up on the day ?

I say we should still see if group/stand bookings are available if not come up with another plan.

well well well,its a poor do we carn't get 10 cars for a stand :angry: ? Thats pritty !Removed! realy ! looks like i'll have to wait for my refund and just try and get !Removed! insted :o im not paying £31 quid to them fuckers to park on some farmers field this time :(  i hope it gets better nxt year :huh:  im gutted was looking forward to meeting everyone :wacko:     

• Like 1

Like wise mate im not blaming anyone maybe myself these things need full organisation i'm going to start looking at getting dates payment forms listed for next year already. Im going to speak with Steve in depth about how we can improve the ticket payments. And pull in more event organisers. Stants good chap he is has put his name forward already. So some positives in the mist. I just think the club shouldn't be having to miss these events but be more worried who we need to turn away if we need to. But anyway I'm going to start looking at next year in the aim to not have a repeat of this farce. Its embarrassing for myself and the club never mind gutting and soul destroying. Like everyone on the back of japfest and not a great event but was enjoyable I was really hoping to make this a more fun and great event. I'm going to see about trying to get subaru uk to stand with us next year too so I'm hoping myself and the club move on from this and can turn it from a negative to a positive. Luckily I'm a stubborn **** I know this was the first year of events , i'd like to see us at nbo japfest 1&2 japshow and so on next year. And without the trouble of finding numbers. A greater increase of more than imps would be good too. I might need to speak with uk legacies and see if we can work out trying to get events organised without standing on each others toes but use each others forums. And most importantly use face book over 11k users and we hardly use it. As much as I think this forum has the best members of any car club I've been in I guess isn't enough nowadays. But once again I can only say I'm truly sorry and as a promise to you all I won't allow this to happen again. I'd have closed it long before normally. I just think my hope of one last event maybe took control or my stubbornness I've not decided yet. I'm going to try one desperate ditch tomorrow of trying to go but don't want to get hope ups. But until every door has closed :)

Gambit,don't beat youself up about this man,i know you and all the other guys that tryed did there best and so well done :rolleyes: im gutted about the hole thing as realy wanted to come down and meet a few more members :D but like i said theres no way im paying over the odds for there tickets now to park where they put you :( on are own stand yes B) i'll look forward to nxt years program of meets. once again thanks for trying,and sorry i'll be missing the last one :wacko: have a great day all that are going B)

• Like 1

I'm up for all events think we need to get forms up for next years events already lol I'm a sticker guys.........

But I'm not a Facebook guy but my mrs suggested a few local subaru clubs on there so I joined the northamptonshire subaru club which has 70 members which is also quite busy but most of them are members of the sioc on facebook which is really busy ,I was offered a stand pass by the local guys , that are members of soon (subarus owners of northampton ) and sioc lol they have over 100 going lol I have been on the soc face book page, people do post even one from japan last week but there seems to be no mods on Facebook. Posting back lol

Also facebook is easy as you can look on your phone whenever you want

I don't think enough people know about us , I hate to say this but I do think there needs more effort to be put into the Facebook page ,if this club wants to be bigger

Also the guys at midland scooby spares joined as traders because of my suggestion on facebook lol

And I think a lot of clubs have the same problem as us ,people say they are coming then don't pay up so I think we should have closing dates for payment a lot sooner so worst case something else can be sorted,and also like you said gambit getting on stands with other clubs to boost numbers etc would be really good idea legacy clubs etc

We need to find out if we actually have a stand allocated, daft as it sounds ash booked his tlicket directly told them he was on the soc stand, no problems !

If the bookong office is open today we need to get hold of them & steve to see what exactly what is going on

Sioc annoys the !Removed! out me on face ****

There are so many impreza pages ! Most of it is crap

I'm part of a small club we often just get enough to book a stand as we don't advertise etc it's basically a group of mate

To get enough for a stand we often book our mrs's in as drivers lol plus gives us more space for the marquee

Cherrs chaps well my thoughts is we will have a closing date our selves. Like I had said on this event was the 1st but thought of going out weighed that for me. We need to stick with the date set and only use there cut off date for extra tickets. Actually I will make separate post up so we can chuck some ideas ariund otherwise might get lost in here.

As for fake book I've never been a fan of it but agree its needed to promote the club. As fir SIOC I don't know them so can't judge I still wave and say hi when I see the members I'm a subaru fan before anything. The only thing that did my head in was could have been a admin from there ir a member made one post saying hi here. Following it up with a 2nd post basically saying !Removed! you there much better than we are. To be fair I also still see them as subaru international owners club. I do wonder if people had mistaken them. Only thing I don't get I think as a club we have more to offer in terms of the use of s proper forum great members with a relaxed approach to others. I'm not sure what the fascination is with them. I use tapatalk on my phone so browsing forum's is easy. Just my fat fingers hitting wrong buttons is my problem :-D

guys thanks refund sorted email recieved,as for this facebook and twatter !Removed!!! no thanks its not for me? we are a subaru owners club,we have a very good forum and some good members on it,dont spoil something because we think it needs changing, i dont think it does.its a new club so let it grow and mature it will end up a succsess. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think all we need next year is a little forward planning and we should be able to get numbers to all shows.

I loved NBO this year and there were only a few of us there. Can imagine it'd be great if we got a club stand, had a club bbq etc.

I totally appreciate how hard everyone on here works to get us to these shows. Just chalk it down to experience and let's come back stronger next year [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bandit im only on about using it to promote the forum and events nothing more. And I agree David we have the payment forms set up for some of the events we can use again so hopefully once all these have been set up and running it will be so easy to do every year. I'm just trying to speak with Steve to see if we can have more than one payment form going at once so we can have all of them running. And to have a choice added for more than one ticket so for the likes of me and bandit and boots we can get more tickets in one go without messing about. I will have our own cut off times too so if people haven't paid or signed up by our dead line it will be end of story for the event. But all being well we should be filling the events up. I've got a lot more to do. I'm going to see like I said before about Subaru uk maybe bring the new cars to stand with us to advertise at as many events as they will do if they will. But I think be good for them and us. But all planning now and then action [emoji2]